AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have questions about inwall speakers. Which one got the quality for music/movie combo? Should I go with B&W, Niles, etc?? I found the B&W 8NT ...anyone have auditioned these? Thanks

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Truaudio or phase technology - both exceptionally good at everything. Affordable too!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Some In-Wall Speakers I like for music and HT, but are not cheap, are the following (listed in preference): JMLab Cache 400 Series; Triad; New PSB Custom Sound (new models).

These speakers sound best with a decent amp/receiver. I like the Focal JMLabs most for accuracy and detail (same drivers and tweeter as Electras); Triads are warmer (I believe it is the Scanspeak driver that makes me enjoy them); PSB in the middle of them both. The Focals and the Triad models that use enclosures have more of a "real" speaker sound. I think all In-Walls need to have a subwoofer to augment the bass, but with a HT setup, you'll need it anyway.

The general speakers, such as Niles, Russound, Speakercraft are all good for general quality, but I were to spend some money on a speaker and wanted better performance (meaning that I am into sound quality and can hear how speakers sound different), I would choose a different speaker for the $ rather than buying their "top o' the line".

There are about a zillion other choices. If you like B&W speakers, and purchase an In-Wall with their drivers, then you will be happy (etc.).

If you tell the forum what kind of amplifier/components, size room, and audio preferences, I'm sure you can get all kinds of reco's that may help you out more.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.