AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm looking for an in-wall sub for a room that is around 15'x30'. Will be used for both tv/movies and music. About 50/50. My price range is $1000-$1500. I'm considering 2 at this point.

1) Sonance 10-250 retro in-wall subwoofer & amplifier. Recommended by my installer

2) Triad in-wall Bronze 4

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any tips/advice between these two or others? I can't do a standard Sub due to space/aesthetic issues

Thanks,

Kurt

·
Premium Member
8,440 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JBrown. I hear you on the cost/audio quality ratio on the in-walls but it is my only option. I will check out the Velodyne

Anyone have any experience w the two original subs mentioned?

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
I have been very impressed with Triad's in-wall and in-ceiling products. I agree that in-wall subs are not nearly as ideal as an in-room sub and I would stress that you really get them placed in the proper position for your room. Unlike an in-room sub, you can't just move it around the room to find the sweet spot.

I would at least take a look in the Triad thread, I remember reading they recently made some changes to their in-wall subs.

If your room could support an IB setup, then I would be considering that over in-wall subs all day long...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts