AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants in-wall speakers for the 7.1 ht for aesthetic reasons. The room is 13x19. Fronts will be upgraded to rocket 750 and 200. Any suggestions? Speakercraft 8.2 and sonnus come to mind.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You don't hear much about them but Snell makes some really nice inwalls. Their model AMC700 and above have an enclosure and electronics specifically tune for in-wall use plus you can adjust the tweeter angle. In-wall speakers without a box is going to be a "best effort" result since the designer really has no idea how much volume is going to be behind the wall. Regardless of the vendor try to find someone that has the same thing in a box so you can do an in home test before cutting wholes in the walls... I have never heard them but TRIAD seems like good stuff too...

Bruce

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Use the search function. In-walls/ceiling come up about twice a month.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have hear a lot about Triad's. They are supposed to be great in wall speakers.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have heard good things about speakercraft, but I have never heard them. They have some speakers that you can actually aim the tweeter at the listening possition which gives you some flexibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.