AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going back and forth on this, looks like for the L/R surrounds my options are either in-wall or the one's that stick out with a mount holding. I am little hesitant to go with the stick out one's because aesthetically it might not look good, on the other side to compensate i am now more inclined to go with free standing LCR for the front's

Can someone please point me to good reasonable priced in-wall surround L/R speakers. Few people recommended me Micca 8S but looks like it is out of stock. I also don't mind looking at better looking surround L/R speakers.

TIA.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
I have been going back and forth on this, looks like for the L/R surrounds my options are either in-wall or the one's that stick out with a mount holding. I am little hesitant to go with the stick out one's because aesthetically it might not look good, on the other side to compensate i am now more inclined to go with free standing LCR for the front's

Can someone please point me to good reasonable priced in-wall surround L/R speakers. Few people recommended me Micca 8S but looks like it is out of stock. I also don't mind looking at better looking surround L/R speakers.

TIA.

We nee a little more information.

1) Your budget.
2) Your listening interests: movies/gaming/music--and whether or not any of those are your primary concern.
3) Your existing audio equipment (make/models) if any. Include comments about what you hope to improve upon.
4) The size of your room. Please also mention if there are adjacent open areas and how big they are (important for subwoofer choice).
5) Any placement restrictions.
6) Any aesthetic or size concerns.
7) Any equipment you are already considering (or would not consider).
8) Any particular audio sonic signatures you know you prefer (e.g., you are a basshead, you have a preference for bright treble, etc.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We nee a little more information.

1) Your budget.
2) Your listening interests: movies/gaming/music--and whether or not any of those are your primary concern.
3) Your existing audio equipment (make/models) if any. Include comments about what you hope to improve upon.
4) The size of your room. Please also mention if there are adjacent open areas and how big they are (important for subwoofer choice).
8) Any particular audio sonic signatures you know you prefer (e.g., you are a basshead, you have a preference for bright treble, etc.)
Thank you.

Some of the stuff you asked is over my head but here is the list i have:

1) Your budget.

$500 - $600 for pair, i am OK buying slightly used.

This is my first dedicated HT, so mostly movies and music, very very little gaming may be.

Onkyo TX 555 - Receiver.
SVS PB12 - NSD - Sub
2 Micca 8"s - Atmos
BenqTK800M projector.

Looking for surround and front LCR.

I already have a sub of my choice.This is dedicated HT room upstairs, only thing it has on right side is 1/2 bathroom. 17.6 X 13.5 '

For L/R surround preferably in-wall , may be bookshelf speakers

Yes prefer in-wall

Not really

8) Any particular audio sonic signatures you know you prefer (e.g., you are a basshead, you have a preference for bright treble, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Sound should be good, i completely understand this is very subjective :).

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Thank you.

Some of the stuff you asked is over my head but here is the list i have:

1) Your budget.

$500 - $600 for pair, i am OK buying slightly used.

This is my first dedicated HT, so mostly movies and music, very very little gaming may be.

Onkyo TX 555 - Receiver.
SVS PB12 - NSD - Sub
2 Micca 8"s - Atmos
BenqTK800M projector.

Looking for surround and front LCR.

I already have a sub of my choice.This is dedicated HT room upstairs, only thing it has on right side is 1/2 bathroom. 17.6 X 13.5 '

For L/R surround preferably in-wall , may be bookshelf speakers

Yes prefer in-wall

Not really

Sound should be good, i completely understand this is very subjective :).[/QUOTE]
With that budget you'll be better off getting a good set of speakers and getting the surrounds later.

A few options:
Ascend CBM-170 SE
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cbm170/cbm170.html
HSU HB-1 MK2
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/hb-1.html
Canton Chrono 502.2
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/cantchrono5022blka/canton-chrono-502.2-6-2-way-bookshelf-speaker-black-pair/1.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts