AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm trying to decide on in-walls for my 19'x20' home theater room. I have a limited budget so I'm looking at $150 per pair or less area.

Here are three candidates I'm considering:

1) Polk rc85i ($150 per pair)

2) Boston Acoustics DSi-280 ($90 per pair)

3) Dayton ES80W ($120 per pair)

I will not have an opportunity to audition any of these so I thought I would see if any of you have thoughts on them. Alternatively, if there's something else you'd recommend, please let me know.

A fourth option is the Axiom M2 v3 in-walls for $269 per pair, but their substantially stretching the budget. Would they be a substantial improvement over the above speakers?

For a subwoofer, I'm looking at the Boston Acoustics 12" 300w HPS12HO for $150. Will this do the job, or is there something better in the same price range?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
for the large room, you need large speakers - so the 8" units are the starting point. Of the three speakers mentioned, the Polk rc85i are probably the best option.

I'm not sure where your are getting a BA HPS12HO for $150 - that is a very good price for the 12" model. It may need a twin brother to properly fill the room volume, but you can get the second unit - if needed - when the budget refills.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Emotiva has 8" inwalls as well worth a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.