AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!Newbie alert.

we are in the process of framing our new home. Dedicated theater no windows planned with 133"diag AT screen. The screen is mounted to wall which has 3ft behind it for storage/components/speakers etc.

My A/V installer plans to place the center speaker behind screen and the L/R outside of screen dimensions for seperation reasons. He suggests in wall speakers for LCR.

My question is 2 fold:

1) are in walls just as good as free standing speakers that are enclosed in a cabinet. What are the pros/cons or what questions should be asked before proceeding. How much midrange would you lose with an encased bookshelf/floorstanding as opposed to a quality in wall speaker.

2) the inwalls that were suggested were from Newport Audio made by CAT(california audio technology) . Does anyone have any experience with these.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.

has anyone ever heard these speakers or CAT for that matter.

my other thought was to suggest inwalls from Dtech or paradigm or at least something ive heard before and like.

thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.