AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up a house audio system. 7 zones, 30 speakers. Here is the issue: the house is "green" which means, in this case, it has no insulation in the attic...insulation is stuck to the underside of the roof sheathing. Also the attic is enclosed...ie no vents. So, in-ceiling speakers will open up to a huge expansive sealed off attic. Is that good? Or do I try to locate in-walls...all my interior and exterior walls will be insullated.

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can easily consider in-ceilings and/or in-walls with enclosures. I have also seen enclosures you can purchase for non-enclosed speakers though I have not had any personal experience with them.

·
Registered
106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis /forum/post/14272565

I am setting up a house audio system. 7 zones, 30 speakers. Here is the issue: the house is "green" which means, in this case, it has no insulation in the attic...insulation is stuck to the underside of the roof sheathing. Also the attic is enclosed...ie no vents. So, in-ceiling speakers will open up to a huge expansive sealed off attic. Is that good? Or do I try to locate in-walls...all my interior and exterior walls will be insullated.

Thanks

If you are doing that large scale of an installation I would highly recommend doing enclosures for the in-ceiling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts