AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is in the market for a 7.1 in-wall speaker system. We have no where to start. We don't even know what kind of money he wants to throw at it. He definitely doesn't need the best of the best, but he doesn't want the open-box clearance stuff at Best Buy either.

The living room he will be installing it all in is quite large. So he's going to need plenty of volume. This is a new build so we don't even know what receiver we'll be getting to push them. I am thinking that he needs to wait for HDMI 1.3 to become the new standard for surround sound receivers.

He was looking at these JA Audio speakers at inwallstore.com , but I've never heard of JA Audio and don't want to end up in a "Bose" type of situation.

I also looked at Klipsch's web site for in-walls. I've heard good things from Klipsch.

Any kind of direction would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell /forum/post/0

My dad is in the market for a 7.1 in-wall speaker system. We have no where to start. We don't even know what kind of money he wants to throw at it. He definitely doesn't need the best of the best, but he doesn't want the open-box clearance stuff at Best Buy either.

The living room he will be installing it all in is quite large. So he's going to need plenty of volume. This is a new build so we don't even know what receiver we'll be getting to push them. I am thinking that he needs to wait for HDMI 1.3 to become the new standard for surround sound receivers.

He was looking at these JA Audio speakers at inwallstore.com , but I've never heard of JA Audio and don't want to end up in a "Bose" type of situation.

I also looked at Klipsch's web site for in-walls. I've heard good things from Klipsch.

Highly recommended company for in-wall and inceiling speakers.

www.speakercraft.com

·
Registered
560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell /forum/post/0

There was a Q&A thread on in-walls here

I personally like Triad speakers for in wall and in ceiling installations.

Best

Ray

·
Registered
839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylock /forum/post/0

I personally like Triad speakers for in wall and in ceiling installations.

Hats off to you. I just looked into these folks to see if I couldn't get an idea of pricing and local availability. Far as I can tell, they don't want people to know such things. So it becomes a bit of a mystery how anyone even knows these guys exist.

All they have is one email address contact, covering several states. I suppose the implication is that if I want to know where the dealers are and what the prices are going to be, I'm going to have to get cracking with that email address.

Honestly, I've long felt that every company out there would start raking in lots more sales if they bothered to provide pricing info without forcing people to jump through some hoops, but this is the biggest wall I've yet run into.

·
Registered
560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmino /forum/post/0

Hats off to you. I just looked into these folks to see if I couldn't get an idea of pricing and local availability. Far as I can tell, they don't want people to know such things. So it becomes a bit of a mystery how anyone even knows these guys exist.

All they have is one email address contact, covering several states. I suppose the implication is that if I want to know where the dealers are and what the prices are going to be, I'm going to have to get cracking with that email address.

Honestly, I've long felt that every company out there would start raking in lots more sales if they bothered to provide pricing info without forcing people to jump through some hoops, but this is the biggest wall I've yet run into.

They like to deal through custom installers. I found several in my area. If you are interested pm Paul Scarpelli the director of sales for Triad, who participates on this forum. I am sure he can steer you in the right direction.

Best

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.