AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5.1 Inceiling speaker set up.....

My center channel is not in-ceiling. House is at stud level no drywall yet and pre-wiring for 5.1 setup.. I am installing speaker craft AIM-8 threes in-ceiling, for the front and rear left and right.. my question is...

I am installing speakercraft sound enclosures..

Should I install the front right and left slighltly in front of the TV or even with the TV.. The ceiling joist is at 25 inches from the back wall and the front of my tv sits at 24/25 inches.. If i go on the one side of the joist with the back box, then te center of the speaker is at 20 inches and if I go on the other side of the joist, the center of the speaker is at about 33 inches.. Not sure what i should do. Any help would be appreciated. ASAP if possible. I have to have this done by sunday..

thanks.

·
Registered
799 Posts
You want your main channel in ceiling speakers to be on the same line as your screen or just slightly in front of it. Measure the distance from the seating location and do a 3/4 apart of the in ceiling speakers that distance from the screen to the seating location. This will give you correct separation. I suggest using the same in ceiling speaker as the center channel as well. It will perform excellent and better then most expect. use good quality 16 or 14 gauge wire with a CL3 rating for in wall use. Companies like Liberty , Beldon and Audioquest all make high quality in wall rated speaker wire.

Sounds like the base of a really nice theater system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts