AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Long time lurker...first time poster. I have a Marantz 6003 that I loved, until the HDMI ports stopped working. I tried everything, and came to the conclusion that the HDMI must run on a daughter board of some kind that died. The receiver works otherwise. It's most annoying because it happened as I moved, and I wired the new place in a manner not conducive to separate audio/video...anyway, I wondering if it makes sense to run something like the Outlaw 975 or Emo UMC-200 into the Marantz for audio and out to the TV for video, or just replace the 6003 with a newer model. Frankly, I'm not happy about Marantz's poor customer service and lack of parts availably. For the $200-300 to get it serviced (something I could likely do myself if the parts were available) I might as well put it towards a new unit. It's a low end unit to begin with, I know, but I expected more out of them as a company.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I bet the DTS Ball gate array chip needs to be reflowed. I have successfully repaired a few Onkyos that had faulty HDMI boards.

What is your location?

Nashou

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Connecticut. It's aggravating that Marantz won't even sell parts. If I want to tinker and risk either breaking the unit completely or not fixing the issue, that's on me. The fact that they don't sell parts to end users at all is really annoying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts