AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this TV set for about a year and a half now. Ran the break in slides for 100 hours when I first got it and I have been using DNice's settings ever since. I have an OpenELEC machine hooked up to it and use this as my primary source for watching TV and Movies.

Recently I have been noticing that IR sets in quite rapidly now. When OE boots up it focuses on the TV shows menu which has clear logos on it. Even though the clear logo's are displayed for less than 10 seconds, when I play a show I can clearly see them for about 1~3 min. Longer if the menu was up for a minute or two. I have a screen saver to turn on after 3 min, but the IR sets in within seconds.

Has anyone noticed this with their Panny's? When I first got the set I could watch sports games with the static score boards for 2+ hours and barely a hint of IR. Now its almost instant. I do have a 5 year warranty and wonder if this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have had this TV set for about a year and a half now. Ran the break in slides for 100 hours when I first got it and I have been using DNice's settings ever since. I have an OpenELEC machine hooked up to it and use this as my primary source for watching TV and Movies.

Recently I have been noticing that IR sets in quite rapidly now. When OE boots up it focuses on the TV shows menu which has clear logos on it. Even though the clear logo's are displayed for less than 10 seconds, when I play a show I can clearly see them for about 1~3 min. Longer if the menu was up for a minute or two. I have a screen saver to turn on after 3 min, but the IR sets in within seconds.

Has anyone noticed this with their Panny's? When I first got the set I could watch sports games with the static score boards for 2+ hours and barely a hint of IR. Now its almost instant. I do have a 5 year warranty and wonder if this is an issue that needs to be addressed.
I have had my ST60 for 2 years now and I am experience the same problems too. I watch a show like Pardon the Interruption which has static image on the side. In 2 minutes I will turn the channel and the image is still their. I played a video game for 3 hours and the image is still on my screen after 2 weeks. Despite running the screen wipe and using Disney's Wow disc with it's pixels flipper.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have had my ST60 for 2 years now and I am experience the same problems too. I watch a show like Pardon the Interruption which has static image on the side. In 2 minutes I will turn the channel and the image is still their. I played a video game for 3 hours and the image is still on my screen after 2 weeks. Despite running the screen wipe and using Disney's Wow disc with it's pixels flipper.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know I'm not the only one Banner.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. I do have some long term IR from the seek bar and time left display from Kodi, but I don't understand the rapid onset of IR from a brief clear logo or clear art. Something I will just have to deal with I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts