AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Watched first 20 min, all that downloaded so far. Great sound, picture is also the best HD I have seen so far on D*. I have yet to watch any Blu-Ray so I would love to hear feedback on picture comparison from anyone who gets it.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV /forum/post/15514608

It's a lot of data. I'm not surprised it's slow.

It's not really that much data. On my 8/1 Internet connection, I can watch 1080p content from DirecTV in real time.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
D* ondemand depends on your ISP, so thats why some may take hours and some ppl report it downloads in minutes.

it took about 5-10 min on mine. than again i dont have the greatest ISP.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
For a thread such as this, I think it would be cool for the posters that are downloading the movies to let us know the total time it took to download and their Throughput they receive through their ISP. I have 3Mbps, but my throughput is actually around 2.6Mbps. I've wondered how that would fair with these VOD movies.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy W /forum/post/15515118

It's not really that much data. On my 8/1 Internet connection, I can watch 1080p content from DirecTV in real time.

Understood, but a surprisingly large number of us simply don't have nearly that kind of speed available to us - at any price.

A couple of friends the next town over would be really giddy if they could come close to the 1.5Mbps that is the max for their service. As it is, they average maybe half that if no one else in town is online.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts