AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my HT pre-amp does not handle VGA or component input so I ordered the Inday RGB4X for my future projector needs. I paid $150 bucks for it. It arrived today and there wasn't much too it. There couldn't be no more than $20 - $30 of parts in it. One main board, a few capacitors, a few IC chips, transformer and that's about it. Oh, there is also an IR sensor and a simple remote.

Like any good techie type, I going to wait until I hook it up before making any final judgements. It just seems like a lot of money for what I got.

- AlrightyThen

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I now have the opportunity to use the Inday Component Switcher I bought several months ago.

The Inday works fine. I currently have a Zenith Sat520 and a DVD player hooked to it. I do not see any noise related to the switcher when it is outputed to my Infocus 7200.

The box does what it advertises. That is the main thing. When I first bought the unit, I was flabbergasted on what I got for $150. Radio Shack had a S-video switcher for $75 that had better build quality. When I was searching, Radio Shack did not have the component switcher I wanted.

- AlrightyThen

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AlrightyThen
Unfortunately my HT pre-amp does not handle VGA or component input so I ordered the Inday RGB4X for my future projector needs. I paid $150 bucks for it. It arrived today and there wasn't much too it. There couldn't be no more than $20 - $30 of parts in it. One main board, a few capacitors, a few IC chips, transformer and that's about it. Oh, there is also an IR sensor and a simple remote.

Like any good techie type, I going to wait until I hook it up before making any final judgements. It just seems like a lot of money for what I got.

- AlrightyThen
Don't forget to add to the cost of "labor", manufacturing equipment, shipping, storage, the box it came in, advertisement, tech support, engineering cost, medical, dental, vacation, sick leave...etc...the list goes on and on. Typical electonics only cost 1/10 in parts of the actual price you paid..if not less. Economics is alot more complex than most people think.

-tReP

·
Registered
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnla
This may work just as well, and costs a bit less than $150.

http://www.cablesamerica.com/product...7001&sku=40020

I've got the Inday.........works great!!

The only thing that worries me about the one above from Cablesamerica is that there is NO mention of HD compatability?? :confused:

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Blizzard
I've got the Inday.........works great!!

The only thing that worries me about the one above from Cablesamerica is that there is NO mention of HD compatability?? :confused:
A few other people have bought and used it, and reported it worked fine. One even said the spec sheet that came with it mentioned it was good to over 100mhz. Which if it is true, is more than enough for HD.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnla
One even said the spec sheet that came with it mentioned it was good to over 100mhz. Which if it is true, is more than enough for HD.
-------- I agree, but Wow, I think that is kinda strange. To me, one of the most important things about a component switcher is that it WILL handle HD correctly. I just don't understand why they don't include that fact in the sales specs. at the web-site..........:confused:

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Maybe because they are not trying to "over hype" a product like many places tend to do, in order to try and justify some of the (high) prices that they charge for them. You will also notice that for the most part they do not "brag" or "hype" any of their cable products either.

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
JVC JX-S1111 is what I have. Under a $100. Very good product.

Dumb question: I notice on TV's that you see Component Video and HD component video. Same thing or different and...does my current switcher take care of me all the way?

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Q of BanditZ
JVC JX-S1111 is what I have. Under a $100. Very good product.

and...does my current switcher take care of me all the way?
No it won't. Here are the specs from the JVC web site on it.

" Video Frequency response: 10 MHz"

It will not work for HD signals, as you will need upwards of 100 MHz for HD component switching.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.