AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 616 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to this forum, I did a search on the above but was not able to find much on it. I know my Mitsubishi dealer uses one to show the 1080p demo loop on his new TV's. He received this from Mitsubishi. I was able to borrow one and it worked great on my set. I have a copy of the manual and pictures of it inside and out if anyone is interested.

Indigita AVHD IEEE 1394 hard disc drive

I was hoping someone else might have one and could tell how well it works for recording?

thanks,

Kipp

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
a few key points from the literature that make me think the public won''t easily get them, unless a major mfg offers the in their branded product line:

A fully customized FireWire DVR solution for OEMs

Private labeling and individually optimized software

The AVHD Powered by Indigita is a custom digital PVR/DVR solution for consumer electronics (CE) and set-top box (STB) original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).

·
Banned
8,246 Posts
I saw a Mitsubishi 1080p set at Fry's in LA last week showing 1080p material. I had wondered what they were using as the rest of the sets were on HDNET via Dish, but I did not follow the wires as I didn't have the time.

After your research, I am sure that is what they must have been using.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Fry's in Sunnyvale are most certainly using one of these on their Mitsi display.

The Samsung 1080p DLP TVs are using a Samsung AVDisk, so that one might be easy to get hold of...???

Cheers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox18doe /forum/post/0

a few key points from the literature that make me think the public won''t easily get them, unless a major mfg offers the in their branded product line:

A fully customized FireWire DVR solution for OEMs

Private labeling and individually optimized software

The AVHD Powered by Indigita is a custom digital PVR/DVR solution for consumer electronics (CE) and set-top box (STB) original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).

You're absolutely right, it makes it sound like they are just for OEM, but a fellow poster on the Mits forum, states that he has bought a couple of them, and has also given me the contact name and number, I plan on contacting the person tomorrow and get the specifics.

Kipp

·
Registered
4,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp K. /forum/post/0

Hello,

New to this forum, I did a search on the above but was not able to find much on it. I know my Mitsubishi dealer uses one to show the 1080p demo loop on his new TV's. He received this from Mitsubishi. I was able to borrow one and it worked great on my set. I have a copy of the manual and pictures of it inside and out if anyone is interested.

I was hoping someone else might have one and could tell how well it works for recording?

thanks,

Kipp

This thing looks similar to Toshiba Symbio AVHDD. Toshiba states that it only works with their TV's but it is not true. It works with most firewire equiped TV's that have AV control.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKNA /forum/post/0

This thing looks similar to Toshiba Symbio AVHDD. Toshiba states that it only works with their TV's but it is not true. It works with most firewire equiped TV's that have AV control.

Do you have one?? If you are not using it on a Toshiba, what are you using it on?

thanks,

Kipp

·
Registered
74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp K. /forum/post/0

Hello,

thanks,

Kipp

The RCA DVR10 is the same thing... Find one on ebay.

Techtom

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Tom,

Just got an RCA DVR10, but it's a demo unit..I'll have to see if it has "special" firmware that only let's it play and not record..also want to see what my XP pc "sees" when I connect it up.

Also interested in what kipp finds..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:

Tom,

Just got an RCA DVR10, but it's a demo unit..I'll have to see if it has "special" firmware that only let's it play and not record..also want to see what my XP pc "sees" when I connect it up.

Also interested in what kipp finds..

I did get a hold of Chris at Indigita, he was able to give me some more info as well as an email address, so I can ask some more questions.

Prices are as follows:

250 Gb 499.00

160 GB 399.00

It cannot hook up to a computer apparently. Although I know that the ones the Mits dealers are getting come with the content already on the hardrive, (they had to get it on there somehow)

It does support 4 streams of video, so you can be recording one thing, watching something else on one TV, and then another, etc.

I have scanned a copy of the manual, and have screenshots of the unit, inside and out.

Well that is all I have for now....

Kipp

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techtom /forum/post/0

The RCA DVR10 is the same thing... Find one on ebay.

Techtom

What's the difference between that and a RCA DVR2160?

I just received one fairly cheap, but I can't get it to record

off a firewire equipped Scientific Atlantic 3250hd.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:

Tom,

I can get a Indigita for fairly cheap, its one of the Mits dealerships units with only a 40 Gb hardrive, but if I can't hook it up to my computer, then I really don't have anyway to put 1080p source on it...this is what I would like to do and then feed it into my 1080p mits TV. I was also wondering if I put a larger hard drive in it, if it would reformat the drive correctly and still work.

Kipp

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I have teh same questions..need to play with the DVR10 the next day or so..

·
Registered
16,541 Posts

Quote:
This thing looks similar to Toshiba Symbio AVHDD.

Maybe this might be why.........

I was going to start another thread on this, but I will continue what was started. I have come across some interesting info on this.

First a list of the supported sets,

2nd, specs on this base unit'

3rd, intro on these;

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
What this looks like. Notice the lack on make and model on the front. Also notice "DVR 10" on the rear panel;

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
For the meat and potatoes. Unfortunately, the pic of the 'important part' doesn't show the chipset. I will see if I can get a better pic. Not a whole lot there w/o the HDD;

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
The few posts are pages from the users manual.

Generic 1394 connection info. If you have a device that used 1394, you rpobably have seen this before;

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
Status LED's & troubleshooting;

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
The next attachments seem to be addressed for the Mits sets with Net Command, but could apply for the other manufactures as well;

·
Registered
16,541 Posts
more transport functions;

1 - 20 of 616 Posts