AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for wealth of information here, helping a lot for newbie like me. Now time to shop.

I've decided on Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker set 5.0. Now looking for decent receiver up to $300.

Very interested on refurbished ones such as by A4L. But seems not as that easy to then ship and use in my country, Indonesia.

Aside from shipping cost, I worried about supply line. In Indonesia, supply line is 220 Vac, 50Hz. Is it OK if I use normal transformer to power the receiver?

What other else that I need to consider? Warranty seems will be another issue. Don't know yet if local Yamaha or Denon will accept it.

Alternatively is buying refurbished unit from around nearby countries. But I can't found any yet.

Please help if you have some info on my problems.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Unless it has a switching PSU for 110/220v 60/50Hz, you'll have to buy a 110v 60Hz to 220v 50Hz converter or just find a unit that is 220v/50Hz which is the best option. You never know just how good converters are and a bad/cheap one could kill your gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless it has a switching PSU for 110/220v 60/50Hz, you'll have to buy a 110v 60Hz to 220v 50Hz converter or just find a unit that is 220v/50Hz which is the best option. You never know just how good converters are and a bad/cheap one could kill your gear.
Thanks Myrdhinn. Seems most Avr sold in US is only 120V 60Hz.

Will try to source locally here.

Really tempted on refurbished units, but seems too complicated to import it here.

·
Registered
28,741 Posts
Many of those AVR's are actually made in Indonesia, Malaysia or somewhere around there.

But probably made for US consumption.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understand for the warranty and also the manufacturing points.

The issue is I can't found solid refurbished units around here. Do hope someone knows if there is kind of manufacturers refurbished units around Asia.
Thanks to all of you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for wealth of information here, helping a lot for newbie like me. Now time to shop.

I've decided on Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker set 5.0. Now looking for decent receiver up to $300.

Very interested on refurbished ones such as by A4L. But seems not as that easy to then ship and use in my country, Indonesia.

Aside from shipping cost, I worried about supply line. In Indonesia, supply line is 220 Vac, 50Hz. Is it OK if I use normal transformer to power the receiver?

What other else that I need to consider? Warranty seems will be another issue. Don't know yet if local Yamaha or Denon will accept it.

Alternatively is buying refurbished unit from around nearby countries. But I can't found any yet.

Please help if you have some info on my problems.

Thanks in advance.

For me its useless if you're importing avr from US. The price+shipping cost n tax will almost the same with price in indonesia. But if you insist, you can use stabilizer with 110v output.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got:
FS52, C22, BS22
Denon X2000
Polk 125W

Will unbox in next few minutes.

Thanks alot for your supports. But might need more help on configuring the system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts