AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone knows any good indoor antenna? I am living in apartment in the city. I want to know if I should buy a good indoor antenna and/or preamp.

The building have a building antenna. With normal analog OTA, I get a few crystal clear channels with the building antenna. But with my REALLY REALLY REALLY cheap antenna, I get crystal clear channels too but different channels.

I am waiting for the myHD (HD OTA decoder card) And see if I get 3 or more HD channels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Radio Shack Double Bow Tie antenna, with 300 ohm to 75 ohm modification is a good place to start. Do a search in this forum for Bow Tie.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Teeps
Radio Shack Double Bow Tie antenna...
Only problem is, it's been discontinued by RS for several months now, and may be hard to find. This antenna has been around "forever". My wife (in her mid-30's) said she grew up with one of those antennas. I don't know why they decided to all of a sudden discontinue it now that there is a renewed interest in OTA reception thanks to HDTV.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ri-Chee

Only problem is, it's been discontinued by RS for several months now, and may be hard to find. This antenna has been around "forever". My wife (in her mid-30's) said she grew up with one of those antennas. I don't know why they decided to all of a sudden discontinue it now that there is a renewed interest in OTA reception thanks to HDTV.
They probably want to push their more expensive "digital" antennas on an ignorant public who does not know they can use normal antennas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.