AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any way to pick up the ota HD signals from NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC with a zenith indoor antenna?

·
Registered
73 Posts
nice to see a fellow Freehold guy on the board. I am highly doubtful that you would receive anything since there ae no signals coming out of NYC (destroyed with the WTC). You may be able to catch a stray signal from Philly. If you have cablevision, they recently added channels for CBS HD (702) anf fox HD. They're not broadcasting yet, but I think they ae working on getting HD transmitters onto thw Empire State Bldg.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You may be able to receive CBS from Philly. Others on the forum in the Freehold area have reported success (a thorough search of the forum may be helpful).

Also, your luck will depend greatly on your elevation in Freehold. Check out www.topozone.com to find your precise elevation. Most sections of Freehold have good elevation and if you are over 150 feet in elevation, then you should have better than a 50% chance of getting something from Philly.

Good Luck

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm in Freehold and tried the silver sensor. I got 5 OTA stations from Philly only with a Zenith set top. You must mount it on the second or third story of your house to get a clear path. I tried the same setup with a Samsung set top and their tuner wasn't as good. Why don't you use Cablevision and watch CBS and FOX and just wait for the others in HD?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are CBSHD and Fox broadcasting on cablevision? I see the channels in the guide, but never see anything broadcast on them. Do they only have content when it is broadcast in HD?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I am in Freehold twp and I use the Zenith Silver Sensor as a amatter of fact I use two attached to a combiner along with a high gain pre amp.

I pick up the following

WCBS-DT New York

WNYW-DT New York

WWOR-DT New York

WLIW-DT in the evenings New York

WNJU-DT New Jersey

KYW-DY Philiy

WPVI-DT signal is not consistant Phily

WPSG-DT Phily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.