72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 /forum/post/15579919

This box does not appear to be a CECB.

Strange because the link for the website I got it from dtv2009.com:

https://www.dtv2009.gov/VendorSearch.aspx

(iNet Access at www.ezdtv.com )

and in the ezdtv website it has to the right an "Eligible for Government Coupon Program".

http://www.ezdtv.com/product1.htm

Judging from the rear pic of the box it looks like a Tivax STB clone.

EDIT:

The box is listed here:

https://www.ntiadtv.gov/cecb_list.cfm

as CECB

·
Registered
399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 /forum/post/15579919

This box does not appear to be a CECB.

Wrong, I paid 1c+$4.99 Shipping- $5 for the box. Atlanta,Ga-NY.This is my second attempt to convey message,first one apparently failed to user above you, hopefully next week I try to send it again, iNetAccess( InterNet Access SSR 1920+1) Analog-pass-through. It is identical to Tivax same like Insignia to Zenith. iNet gives absolutely greatest PQ, Zenith move over,the remote is

very fast ,instantenous if after entering ch.numbr you use OK(Enter)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
What's with the VGA connector? Or, is that a RS-232 connector?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 /forum/post/15581870

What's with the VGA connector? Or, is that a RS-232 connector?

if what aloeuro is correct then the manual says it's a service connector so my guess is that it's an RS-232 connector.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
If it is the same as the Tivax STB's (T8/T9), then it has the same tuner as the CM-7000, the Daewoo DAC-100, the Alpha Digital AT-2016, and the AMTC AT-2016.

The MPEG Demodulator could be the same as the Tivax STB's (T8/T9), the Alpha Digital AT-2016, and the AMTC AT-2016. A Zoran SupraHD 741 .

·
Registered
205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsd_us3r /forum/post/15582011

if what aloeuro is correct then the manual says it's a service connector so my guess is that it's an RS-232 connector.

It's an RS-232 port alright. They did start to hack it on the Tivax thread but after TIVO stated that the Tivax and several other boxes would work with their DVR's (see Tivax thread page 8), interest seems to have waned. Seems easier to get a box with a better EPG than to hack a Tivax.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Does anyone know if this unit, or it's brother (SSR3909A), have Dolby Digital?

What kind of EPG does it have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got one today, took it apart even before I plugged it in to see what was inside. Tell me what you see guys, I am trying to decide if I should buy more for $6.00 out of pocket, or $20.00 for zenith (I have one of those already too). I have 2 coupons expiring in 3 days.

Edit: I just compared to the Tivax photo. It is identical.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
It appears to have a Thomson "can" tuner, not the Microtune MT2131. Is there a model number on it somewhere?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The iNet has analog pass through, so it must be the same as the Tivax STB-8. I could not find any numbers on the Thompson tuner.

When I tried out this box and compared it to my Zenith 901, I found 2 things:

1. One of the channels is not as clear, it is more washed out, less definition in faces, etc. It is only one channel (out of 4 I get), and the box shows good signal strength.

2. And more important to me, the boot up time until a program is displayed is about 2-3 times longer than my zenith, I can count to about 14 after pressing the on button before the show comes on. With the Zenith, I get to about 5-6. Shut down is longer too, to get back to analog, or in my case my dish receiver.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by systems2000 /forum/post/15607502

It appears to have a Thomson "can" tuner, not the Microtune MT2131. Is there a model number on it somewhere?

You are interested in the microtune tuner because of QAM?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Sensitivity & Reception in multi-path environments.

·
Registered
399 Posts
As JoeM has said it has Service for comp. RS-232 9pinD-sub type,also SA Sm.Ant.port

the 16pages Manual says,Decoder(Demodulator)Video format -Standard definition which

would be 8-VSB, Audio Format- Dolby digital audio, my 13inchSharp and 13years old

20inch Sony do not facilitate nor have need for the 'specials'

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just purchased 2 boxes of Inet Access SSR1921 last week, it is same as the Tivax STB T8 which i purchased for $59.99 several weeks ago. The software menus are same and also Tuner and Processor looks the same. Quality of Picture and Sound is same as Tivax S8 model.

Does anyone have information on how to use R232 port?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I heard man to say that the Z.. 901 does not accept channels above #58, my iNet/Tivax Remote behaves as the con.box allows this way, I use dash- primarily for Flash-back/Ch.recall, let say NBC4-4(universal sports all winter sports World Cup competition)then ION31-3 and jumping between those channels. In fact dash often is not needed,let say you punch in 22 the smart box puts in into box as 22-1 automatically, 45 in changes to 45-1 finds already FCC aproved path destination to ABC7-1,61 becomes 61-1 jumps intoWNET13-1 PBS, ch.1 becomes 1-1 transferred to before ch.6-1, 28 changes to 28-1 transf. to NBC4-1,33 to 33-1 to WPIX11-1,38 to 38-1 to WOR9-1,44 to 44-1to Fox5-1,53 to 53-1 toWteleFTRa68-1,56 to 56-1 to WCBS2-1 and so on,some ch. like36 to 36-1 Signl 0-15 0-15apparently active, I have put there # 70, 71 and 99 and each time the box returned it to last channel lets say to Telefutura68-1or to 69-1(inactive). The dumb TVbox accepts any channel above 69 up to 999 and gives me huricane of rain avalanche of snow and lot of noise,but the smart box always brings to acceptable 2-69level.those boxes are far superior to analog tv.(2min)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts