Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just wondering if someone can help me locate a place that sells good quality VGA cables at an inexpensive price (I can't afford shelling out $75/meter!) I plan on using this VGA cable to hook up my rp56 thru a transcoder to the AE100.

Thanks...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Check B&Hphotovideo.com we ordered som great 50FT RGBVH cables and they have almost any think you can imagen.

Artur

·
Registered
320 Posts
OK I got the prices for 30 ps of 50FT RGBVH with BNC's we pay $85ea

but single order may be close to $100.

Artur

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I have pccables too and love mine at 25 feet. No degradation noted compared to 6 feet VGA included with my PJ.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
another pccables vote. lowest $$$ and high quality

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I just bought some of the pccables...The SVGA 25 footers, but I didn't even think to check....Are these CL-2 or CL-3 rated for running in the walls and/or ceiling? I'm getting all my work inspected and this would be a problem, unless I sneak them in after the fact.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys! This forum is excellent!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks Huey, I just ordered from PCCables! 25' VGA

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Rated cable are needed for return air plenums. Since most houses do not use any of the wall or attic cavities as return air plenums, rated cable is not necessary. This is a smoke rating of the cable. At least, that is what my local inspector told me. I am a General Contractor in the Orlando area

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shahram72
Rated cable are needed for return air plenums. Since most houses do not use any of the wall or attic cavities as return air plenums, rated cable is not necessary. This is a smoke rating of the cable. At least, that is what my local inspector told me. I am a General Contractor in the Orlando area
I don't think that's entirely correct. Yes, Plenum rated cable is made for return air plenums. But, riser rated cables are made for running behind sheetrock. They typically carry a CL-2 or CL-3 rating. If you go to HD, you'll see riser rated cat-5 vs plenum rated cat-5. I don't think you can bury just anything behind the wall (ie lampcord for speaker wire).

Incidently, I received my VGA cables from PC, and although the jacket is of thick good quality, it doesn't have any particular ratings stamped on it. It says "Low Voltage 80 deg C". I'm going to do a bit of investigation and see what I can turn up.

Edit:

I found this link. Of special interest is the Author's comments on Article 800 which has to do with communication cables between PC's. I would think that a VGA cable might fall under this heading.

http://www.mikeholt.com/low/lowdef.htm

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Try avcable.com. I have purchased 2 cables from them in the past and the quality is excellent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.