AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thread made me think to post this one. A couple years back I was looking at Monster power conditioners. Big $$ for what is basically a surge supressor. After talking to a few people I work with I got a suggestion to get a FURMAN rack rider+. We use them at work to supply power to very expensive processors. They have 8 plugs in the back, front lighting modules (these shine down and are great when the Furman is placed at the top of a rack(they also slide in when not in use))and a digital voltage meter on the front. They block EFI and RFI. The plugs are controlled by a single switch on the face. My preamp and amps are all plugged into mine. I leave my amps switched to on, all the time, and just flip the power switch on the furman up to turn them all on. It eliminated the thump that used to occur when powering my amps up. Retail is $200 or so. They can be had for $120+. I swear by mine... It's not the greatest looking peice in the world. Just flat black and has rack mount tabs on it. If you can live with the looks it has all the features of the Monster 5000 (think this is the correct model (has the meter in the front) plus a few.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.