AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a screen to mount under my porch roof, manual pull down, but permanently outside.

Will the inexpensive monoprice pull down screens work, or is something else better?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab /forum/post/20866768

I'm looking for a screen to mount under my porch roof, manual pull down, but permanently outside.

Will the inexpensive monoprice pull down screens work, or is something else better?

Thanks!

You image will suck in the daylight no matter what screen you use. Hang a piece of paper on the wall where the screen will be, now look at the paper in the light you plan on watching the screen. That is what the blackest of blacks in your image will look like.. If you insist on doing this anyway, a cheap gray screen would be your best bet but a flat screen or old CRT will give you a better picture.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
You may want to go with a gray screen to help the image look a little less washed out especially if the projector will be rather close and the screen small.

To answer your questions, I would buy the cheapest I could find spending more will not help the image in such and environment. Also consider the used market, 70" name brand screens on crags list go for about $50.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.