AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am looking for a cheap projector to use in the bedroom at night. We have a great LCD TV in the living room, I'm just looking for something to point at the ceiling to watch hulu (playing from my laptop) in bed. Something inexpensive (sub 500) small lightweight and preferably with a crazy long lamp life.

I have looked at the LG HS201 and it seems like a good fit if only at the very top end of my budget. Quality isn't so much an issue so long as it can project a decent image at about 6ft to the ceiling. Brightness also doesn't really matter since it'll only be used at night.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think there was one i read called infocus play big or somthing.

It uses a mirror or somthing and has speakers

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Most manufacturers caution against point a projector up. It would have to be designed for that purpose. Or else use a mirror to bounce it up.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The Infocus IN1 is what BowerR64 was referring to.

Very sub $500 these days on many online retailers. Much brighter than the Pico's, but, not a crazy long lamp life.

Jonathan

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McKay /forum/post/18240518

Or just forget the projector and just get a mirror

May be he is married for a while and for most nights he has "nothing to watch" :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/18240427

Most manufacturers caution against point a projector up. It would have to be designed for that purpose. Or else use a mirror to bounce it up.

True... I wouldn't recommend about pointing the projector upwards either... why not just point it at an empty wall in the bedroom? Is space limited? There are plenty of short throw projectors as well!

Pico projectors can be good... but seriously wouldn't suggest you pointing it upwards, wouldn't that also strain your neck or if you're lieing down wouldn't it be uncomfortable???? I don't know I just can't imagine doing it with my setup... it's just uncommon LOL...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You know, I remember an article in Popular Mechanics YEARS ago about a man who wanted to watch tv in bed, laying down. He took a tv (and this was LONG before the days of flat screens and even IC's) and built an enclosure above his bed, near the ceiling. The tv was mounted on heavy-duty drawer slides and slid out OVER his head, facing down!! If that ever let go, he was going to be in a world of hurt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts