AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the trigger and purchased a marantz vp8600 projector. Now I need a ceiling mount for it. I need something that can hold the 27lbs and that doesn't have a large drop/extension to it. I'd like for it to only lower the projector a few inches from the ceiling if possible. I saw the monoprice one for ~$20 but it says it only holds 20lbs... any ideas?

Nick

·
Registered
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyq627 /forum/post/14345323

I just pulled the trigger and purchased a marantz vp8600 projector. Now I need a ceiling mount for it. I need something that can hold the 27lbs and that doesn't have a large drop/extension to it. I'd like for it to only lower the projector a few inches from the ceiling if possible. I saw the monoprice one for ~$20 but it says it only holds 20lbs... any ideas?

Nick

Monoprice also has one that's rated at 44lbs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don't skimp on your mount. Save a few bucks and risk you $1000+ projector crashing to the floor?? I recommend the Chief mounts. Sturdy and easy to adjust.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the monoprice 44lb mount. Works great, very versitile (has the 4 "legs" and a double bolt lock, and hooks to "hold" it up while you're working on it... That said, the threads on the locking screws do strip out quite easily, but a 4" bolt of 6-32 and wing nut cured that problem quick.

·
Registered
403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardax /forum/post/14349380

Don't skimp on your mount. Save a few bucks and risk you $1000+ projector crashing to the floor?? I recommend the Chief mounts. Sturdy and easy to adjust.

Or in the case of the VP8600, killing a pet or loved one!

Sorry I can't help. My VP8600 is rear shelf mounted. I'm loving it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GC,

I have to mount the project at the ceiling, so I don't think the projector will have enough shift shelf mounted.

I got the beast today, it had 440hrs on it, a bit more than I would have liked but oh well. I plan to get a mack warranty for the bulb. I'm having trouble figuring out which plan to get for the projector itself though. It's tough to tell which warranty will work, I'm looking at the 3 year under $1k video warranty, but not sure I understand what is covered under it. I might have to call them and talk to them about it.

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts