AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that just bought a new Yamaha and it has the RCA connection for the sub, but the sub does not. The sub is an Infinity bu-80 and only has the wire connections to connect it to the receiver. Is there a conversion cable or something he can buy?

I have enclosed a picture from the manual. Thanks for helping out!

Would this work?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ab=custRatings

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavismn /forum/post/14179609

I have a friend that just bought a new Yamaha and it has the RCA connection for the sub, but the sub does not. The sub is an Infinity bu-80 and only has the wire connections to connect it to the receiver. Is there a conversion cable or something he can buy?

I have enclosed a picture from the manual. Thanks for helping out!

Would this work?

You don't need the converter. Using a standard RCA interconnect cable, you can buy a sub cable if it makes you feel better, connect one end to the subwoofer pre-out on the Yami to the left or right Low Level input (2 in the pic) on the sub. You can get an RCA 'Y' adapter to connect to both the L/R inputs, but it isn't needed.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Use the subwoofer out from the Yamaha receiver and connect a single RCA cable to the left "Low Level In" on the back of the subwoofer.

You could also buy a Y-adapter if you wanted to connect both the left and right.

When you do this, be sure to turn the crossover dial on the sub to the maximum (150 in your case), so as to bypass the subs crossover and just use the receivers.

-Brian

EDIT: I'm always too dang slow!

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui /forum/post/14179767

EDIT: I'm always too dang slow!

I gave you 28 minutes before I posted. You have to be quicker than that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
LOL, I was looking on Radioshack's stupid site for an example of an RCA Y-cable.

I decided to stop looking and hurry up and post before someone beat me to it.

And yet, I still lost!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts