AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any differences between the C25 and the PC251?

I am considering upgading my speakers. I am considering the Infinity Primus PC253 floor speakers, and PC153 for rear speakers, and I have the Primus C25, but should I upgade that too with the PC251?

My other consideration is the Polk line, the TSi300 floos, TSi 100 for rear, and TSi CS10 center...

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I would rate all of those speakers as being pretty mediocre speakers; nothing I would recommend there.

I have no idea what your budget might be, but I will tell you about some very good speakers that are currently a great deal.

One retailer has the Mordaunt-Short Carnival 8 speakers For $199 each; they normally go for $800 per pair.

If you are trying to get some good tower speakers for under $700, that would be my #1 recommendation.

You may not have heard of Mordaunt-Short, but they are a well-respected British speaker company.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnston7  /t/1508750/infinity-c25-vs-pc251-also-polk-tsi-series#post_24139300

Is there any differences between the C25 and the PC251?

I am considering upgading my speakers. I am considering the Infinity Primus PC253 floor speakers, and PC153 for rear speakers, and I have the Primus C25, but should I upgade that too with the PC251?

My other consideration is the Polk line, the TSi300 floos, TSi 100 for rear, and TSi CS10 center...

What are your thoughts?

Stick with the Primus series for a center-you absolutely want the front three to timbre match.

The Primus speakers are highly regarded speakers for their price-there is quite a thread on them here on the AVSFORUM.

My questions are how big is your room and how big is your budget?

Based on your answers, you might want to consider the PC351.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! My current setup is kinda a cluster. DCM KX12 speakers for front LR Infinity Primus C25 center, and 2 Infinity RS3 speakers in the rear (one fell and is taped together...)

The room size is 16' front to back, and 10' wide.

So do you think my curent Primus C25 can be kept, or for timber matching, would I need to upgrade that to the PC251?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnston7  /t/1508750/infinity-c25-vs-pc251-also-polk-tsi-series#post_24140368

Thanks for the replies! My current setup is kinda a cluster. DCM KX12 speakers for front LR Infinity Primus C25 center, and 2 Infinity RS3 speakers in the rear (one fell and is taped together...)

So do you think my curent Primus C25 can be kept, or for timber matching, would I need to upgrade that to the PC251?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnston7  /t/1508750/infinity-c25-vs-pc251-also-polk-tsi-series#post_24140368

I misread your post-you want new front speakers, you already have the Primus center.

If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me but the PC25 could be a timbre match to the P253's you want to buy. I know from the P252 to P253 the changes are just cosmetic, I am not quite sure about the PC25 to the current series.

You might want to ask about this in the Primus thread.

Is that clearer?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got ya. in looking at the specs they look the same.

Do you think I will get a boost in surround sound quality with the Infinity's over the DCMs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts