AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...this is my first post on this forum. I'm looking for people's opinions on this Infinity System. Anyone have it or heard it?

I'm planning on using it with a Denon 1803 Receiver. Just trying to educate myself before I buy.

Thanks!

Rob H.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to add something...I've read only 1 review of these speakers online on CNET. They seem like a good 5.1 setup and are in my price range, I'm just wondering if any of you out there are familiar with them. Or if not, what other sets should I be looking at around the $600 price point?

Rob

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've read good reviews about the Infinity Point Five package. Its supposed to be a pretty good entry level/low cost setup. You might also want to check out hifi.com for a Cambridge Soundworks package. You can get 5 MC50 speakers and a 12" 100watt sub for $600. Or you could go with 5 MC100 speakers and a 10" 75watt sub for $650. Check out the site and see if theres something you like.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob.Horv
Just to add something...I've read only 1 review of these speakers online on CNET. They seem like a good 5.1 setup and are in my price range, I'm just wondering if any of you out there are familiar with them. Or if not, what other sets should I be looking at around the $600 price point?

Rob
You have to take anything written on cnet with a grain of salt. They love the Polk RM6700. I listened to both at Circuit City and Entra was definitey better sounding. Go to a Circuit City and check them out yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually purchased the Entra Point Five HTS from on online e-tailer and received them this week. I can say that I am very happy with my choice. This is an excellent sounding system for the amount of money it cost me.

I have the speakers paired w/ a Denon AVR 1803, Sony 32HS500 TV, Pioneer DVD and an XBOX.

All of these devices work great together.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good for you. What size is your room? What did you pay? I will be getting a set today for use with a front projector and Denon 3803, in a 12 x 14 room. I hope you don't hear any hum with these speakers. Did you connect the satellites to the receiver or the sub?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My room is very small, about 12x10. I set up the "sweet" spot to be right in the center (left and right) and slightly behind center (forward and back).

I connected the speakers directly to the receiver to let it handle all the DD and DTS signals. I have all the speakers set to "small" on the receiver and have the crossover for the sub set to 120Hz.

I've found that to get powerful, decent sound from this setup, I have to have the volume set to at least -25. Anything from there on you start to shake the house :) It'll probably be a little different with your setup, the 3803's a little more powerful.

Oh yeah..I paid $578. Also, I don't hear any hum. Did you hear these speakers had a problem with this? Or did you notice when auditioning them? Maybe whoever said that had some interference or a groundloop problem in their system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.