AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pair of Infinity IL60's that i have had for about 9 years and i was listening to some music on them and doing some side by side tests with some speakers i built and noticed that the mids were not as crisp on my IL60's and then noticed when i push in the 6 1/2" woofer on the IL60 that it slowly comes back out instead of just slipping back out almost like the driver is supended in some sort of fluid. is this correct for this driver? i have never seen another driver that doesnt slip in and out quickly. the speakers doesnt sound blown or anything and i am not even sure if i have anything wrong its just weird to see that driver slowly slide back out after i push it in...

I am hoping someone else has some of these speakers and can confirm whether or not that i have a problem...

PS i know i shouldn't be pushing the driver cone in and i was careful when i did it...

tHanks Guys.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a pair of Infinity IL60's that i have had for about 9 years and i was listening to some music on them and doing some side by side tests with some speakers i built and noticed that the mids were not as crisp on my IL60's and then noticed when i push in the 6 1/2" woofer on the IL60 that it slowly comes back out instead of just slipping back out almost like the driver is supended in some sort of fluid. is this correct for this driver? i have never seen another driver that doesnt slip in and out quickly. the speakers doesnt sound blown or anything and i am not even sure if i have anything wrong its just weird to see that driver slowly slide back out after i push it in...

I am hoping someone else has some of these speakers and can confirm whether or not that i have a problem...

PS i know i shouldn't be pushing the driver cone in and i was careful when i did it...

tHanks Guys.

Bill
The smaller drivers are built into their own sealed cabinets. The sub is the only driver that uses the port in the tower.. With a sealed enclosure speakers get that kinda stiffness you felt, the air inside has nowhere to go, keeps it tighter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts