AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For better or worse, I managed to win a bid for 2-pr of Infinity Intermezzo 2.6 Bookshelf speakers for a little over $1,000 per pair. (I figure I can resell them if necessary).

What is the word on these speakers for A) Music, B) Theater? Does anyone have experience with these?

I do not have room for floor speakers, but want great sound at a good price. I have a few rooms to outfit, so I could use these in a primary, or secondary room.

I did not see much about these speakers on my search of this forum. They sound pretty good to me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I have listened more to their top Prelude MTS line.

I own the Prelude MTS centre channel for use with my Waveform Mach 17 speakers. I think this is an excellent centre channel !

The Intermezzo line is 2nd from the top, anfd emplys the same materials & design principles.

I really like the design engineering behind the recent Inifinty speakers.

They use a new composite material for the cones, which is exceptionally stiff and light, employ 4th order crossovers, and very rigd aluminum cabinets. These were designed by a team headed by Dr. Floyd Toole who is of the "strict measurement" camp when it comes to speaker design ( c/o his work at Canada'a highly regarded National Research Council's Acoustic Engineering facilities ).

Sounds like you have a great buy on your hands.

Though you are right -> the lineup never really got much publicity, though the Prelude MTS garnered a Stereophile A Rating.

- Andy

·
Banned
3,477 Posts
ccclapp,

Had em, liked em' alot, but had a few quality issues(dust cap blew off). The sound for their size was great!!!!!

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.