AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is the story--I have absolutely no audiophile status whatsoever. This morning I payed a visit to a garage sale where the guy was selling some speakers, I picked up a pair of JBL N26's and a AR PSC25 center channel for $90 total as an upgrade to my HTIB. Well the improvement in sound is well worth it! I get much fuller sound now. Now here is the intresting part--he also has for sale a pair of Infinity Kappa 8's that he said he rebuild with parts from some other infinity speakers to bring it to about the orginal specs (he said something like three times the orginal magnet size). He wants $400. Now seeing that I paid only a little more then that for my original HTIB setup I am woundering what you all think of me getting them, Or is this even a deal at all?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone Pm'd saying go for it. However, I just checked and my receiver a JVC RX-E100SL (not exactly high quality, and I will in all odds have it for atleast 3 more years) and I don't think it is going to like the impedience on those infinities, which I read is close is 3Ohm. On a related subject is the price on these speakers good enought to where If i were to resell them I would make a profit?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.