1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a L/R pair of Infinity Overture 2's

2 5.25"Mids

1" Silk Tweeter

150 watt amp with 6.5" Front/Rear Firing Subs...

I also have an SVS 16-46+...

A Onkyo TXNR801...however I do not have the rest of the speakers, I mean I do have some speakers, but I am embarassed to even mention what they are...my problem now however is that, I do not know what Center and Surrounds and rears to purchase...

I am pretty sure I am going to get the Alpha's as I wanted to stay with infinity...

Is this what everyone would reccomend, or would you try others within that same price range...are the alphas made today and the overtures made in 1999/2000 going to be comparable in build and acoustics. The reason for me staying with infinity completly and not trying to mix is becuase I have been told the build across companies is going to be different so stay within the company, but is it different across models within a company?

Does anyone have any experience with Alpha's do they like them, hate them? Anything?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just so you know, the Infinity's today use a different driver than those before '00. The Alphas (as well as the rest of the line) use the CMMD drivers, which have a different Timbre than the Overtures or Preludes.

However, since you are placing them as surrounds (I assume), the Timbre difference MAY not be as noticeable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surrounds and center...

I could sell them and just replace everything...

Something to think about i guess.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You might be able to find another brand that matches fairly well with the Overtures. Or find some used ones online (Ebay or Audiogon, etc.)

BTW, I own a pair of Preludes (non-MTS) for fronts and use the Prelude MTS center. It is very easy to tell the Timbre difference. Planning on upgrading soon.

Come on, come on, lucky 7, baby needs a new pair of B&Ws....Craps.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
eBay a single Overture 1. That's what I got to match my existing pair of overture 1's. Should be a reasonable match to your OVTR-2 and they do turn up in singles from time to time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.