AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of Infinity P363's during the Fry's sale and can't seem to get them working. Working in the sense that my receivers continue to shut off. Initially I connected to a HK 1710, then the receive kept going into "deep sleep" mode. When I connected the speakers to the 1710 and played music with Bluetooth, the receiving kept shutting down. I sent the receiver back for warranty replacement. Wasn't sure if the receiver was broke to begin with as I bought it as a open item from bestbuy. Today, I thought I would try connecting speakers to my old Sony str-k520 receiver and same thing happen. Receiver kept going into protection mode with increase volume. I didn't realize the Infinity p363's were 4 ohms. What is everyone else using to run the p363's? I have a couple days to return them, but shipping is almost half of what I paid for the speakers.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Those receivers will be able to handle those speakers. You may have a short somewhere. Make sure the positive and negative speaker wire isn't coming into contact with each other at all. There could also be a problem with an internal part in one of the speakers. I would hook up one speaker at a time and try it out. Crank the volume. If one speaker shuts down the receiver but the other doesn't, it is an internal defect with that speaker.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShadyJ,

I will have take a look tomorrow to see if there is short somewhere. I thought I made sure the wires weren't in contact with each other, but will try that. I didn't think about trying one speaker at a time. I wont have the HK 1710 back for awhile, but hopefully it works. Like I said, would prefer to keep these speakers as shipping is almost half what I paid for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts