AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the Infinity Prelude MTC speakers. I do not see them available new or used on the Web. I do however see a few classified posts for the older generation Preludes. I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know a low-markup of 2nd hand seller of the Prelude MTS's?

2) How does the older line of Preludes compare to the Prelude MTS's?

Here is what one seller of the older line had to say...

"The new MTS system uses ceramic drivers and feature the R.A.B.O.S system.I

have heard the new MTS series and I personally prefer my original

Preludes.When new the system sold for over $5000.00.They are superb for

both stereo and home theater."

here is the link to the older line:

http://www.infinitysystems.com/homea...d=IF70018&c...

here is the link to the MTS line:

http://www.infinitysystems.com/homea...ry/prelude.asp

Thanks

--Caleb

·
Registered
143 Posts
You can do a search on Infinity at audiogon.com

I believe that there was a complete set for sale there, but you had to pick them up in IL or someplace around there.

BTW, they are very good speakers.

Good luck,

George

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe this complete set is the older line. I do not know enough about this older line to be comfortable. Does anyone have experience with the non-MTS Preludes?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've owned both the old & the new preludes (compositions vs MTS)I like the MTS better ,of the two, but list is now $10k a pair $$$ ( the older model topped out @ around $4k before being discontinued) The older model was very efficient @ 94db/1 watt & forgiving of associated electronics. The MTS is 90db/1 watt (maybe) & demands the best electronics. I cruise audio-shopper & used stereo stuff sites & have only spotted one pr. MTS's since their introduction for sale used @ about $5k (list was $8k then) I think it's too early to find these used yet. The compositions model had d'appolito(sp?) configuration of midranges & conventional driver materials. (plastic,silk,paper) I've seen the prelude compositions going for as low as $1500 used. (shipping would be high as they don't come apart for shipping) All the infinity speakers are using the same ceramic/aluminum matrix cone material. Intermezzo uses same grade of drivers as prelude series @ slightly less money, 8k pair. Interlude series uses stamped baskets, less sophisticated cross-overs, & particle board cabinets. Some have built-in powered subs. The interlude series can be found discounted, although not sold legally over the web (sounddistributers.com & u-bid (remanufactured))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.