AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to make a decission which speakers to buy. It will be for Audio only with no Sub and running on a Kenwood 220WPC amp.

Room size aprx. 14x16 maybe smaller.

I listen to all kinds of music but mostley Jazz, Rock Jazz, Vocals, Fusion and Santana.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your help

Donald

·
Registered
725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerduck /forum/post/14208100

I have to make a decission which speakers to buy. It will be for Audio only with no Sub and running on a Kenwood 220WPC amp.

Room size aprx. 14x16 maybe smaller.

I listen to all kinds of music but mostley Jazz, Rock Jazz, Vocals, Fusion and Santana.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your help

Donald

Two very different sounding speakers. The Primus are on the neutral side while the Diamonds have that house sound which British speakers are known for. I suggest you listen to both of them and make your own conclusions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't listen to them, that's the problem. I just thought, someone with the same music prefferance could jump in whith his or her opinion.

Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerduck /forum/post/14208404

I can't listen to them, that's the problem. I just thought, someone with the same music prefferance could jump in whith his or her opinion.

Thanks

Do you prefer a forward speaker? The Diamonds will be a lot more forward than the Primus thus putting vocals in front of everything else. If you prefer a speaker that puts everything on the same plane then the Primus will be better. Like I said two very different speakers so it's hard to recommend one over the other.

·
Banned
181 Posts
If it was up to me, I would go with the Infinity without question if the price was about the same.

Just personal preference and based on reviews I have seen.

·
Registered
725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubersanger /forum/post/14208716

If it was up to me, I would go with the Infinity without question if the price was about the same.

I think that's what the OP wants to hear but I would rather have him make up his own mind than go by what other people think. Ultimately he will be the one living the speakers and not everyone else.

·
Banned
181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorLabs /forum/post/14208739

I think that's what the OP wants to hear but I would rather have him make up his own mind than go by what other people think. Ultimately he will be the one living the speakers and not everyone else.

Agreed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank's for everyone's help. I went with the Wharfedale's 390.- shipped.

I do listen to a fair amount of music with vocals so I think the Diamond 8.4 will be perfect.

Now, I have to wait for all my gear to arrive.....

2 Kenwood M2a

1 Kenwood C2

and the Diamonds 8.4

Thanks

Donald

1 - 8 of 8 Posts