AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking of replacing my VX10 Velodyne with either an Infinity PS12 or SW12. What do you guys think, would it be worth the extra money getting the SW12?

Thanks For The Help

Neil :cool:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well, I owned a pair of Infinity IL120s subs and I used a PS-10 for a day. They are very good subs but not GREAT!

My best guess is it might be a good idea to look at a SVS 20-39PCi sub. It is about 2db louder then the SW-12 and has a hell of alot more extension. Now, the SW-12 is a very nice looking sub and will sound great but the SVS will have more performance. I say get the SW-12 if you can get it under $450 but if you can't, look at SVS.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Well, TomN from Sound & Vision magazine measured the CSW-10 only down to 29hz instead of 22hz. He also only got an average of 101db.

If $600 is your budget, I really recommend a SVS 20-39PCi. It is $599 with $25 for shipping. But if you really want to stay under $600, look at the SVS PB-10 for about $480 shipped. You could also look at HSU VTF-3 MKII, but I haven't used them before, just heard good things. I have used the Infinity and SVS and I really recommend the SVS for better performance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IsI've also been looking at some of the HSU subs, the VTF-2 might fit with my room requirements, as well as a Velodyne DPS12?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.