AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everone think of the Infinity Ps210 Sub. I was looking at getting the ESW-C8 which is 100 dollars cheaper but have been advised that the Energy ESW-c8 is underpowered. Anyone thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johst16 /forum/post/16942428

What does everone think of the Infinity Ps210 Sub. I was looking at getting the ESW-C8 which is 100 dollars cheaper but have been advised that the Energy ESW-c8 is underpowered. Anyone thoughts on the matter?

In the overall concept of subwoofers there are generally no home subwoofers that are "underpowered". Subs are designed as a package.

I don't know how much the Infinity sells for but there are generally better subwoofers available internet direct.

Tell us your maximum buget and we can make some recommendations.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
299 is around my maxium budget and crutchfield.com is where Im basically limited too as that is where im getting everything else due to the good financing. The tech recommended the Infinity as my room is about 16 by 20 and he thought the esw-c8 would be underpowered. The esw-c8 was 199 due to the package with the energy take classic 5.0.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Its not a bad sub... we have one in our upstairs home theater (the serious theater is in the basement). If its positioned well and calibrated properly (ours is courtesy of Audyssey) in a room without any major anomalies (square dimensions and such) it preforms very well... we get strong in-room response down to 24Hz and pretty tight sounding mid-bass. However I got ours for $110 new... if you didn't need the financing you could do much better than Crutchfields' $300 price tag (for instance have you glanced over at eBay)... for that price there probably are some better choices out there. Bottomline is the Infinity is a good enough subwoofer and you'll be pleased with its performance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the infinity go with the energy speakers, I was told on another post that they thought it might not fit the energy take 5.0 package as hes never heard of that bundled together?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johst16 /forum/post/16942749

299 is around my maxium budget and crutchfield.com is where Im basically limited too as that is where im getting everything else due to the good financing. The tech recommended the Infinity as my room is about 16 by 20 and he thought the esw-c8 would be underpowered. The esw-c8 was 199 due to the package with the energy take classic 5.0.

See if you can skip buying the sub from Crutchfield and save up $229 for this:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johst16 /forum/post/16943000

Will the infinity go with the energy speakers, I was told on another post that they thought it might not fit the energy take 5.0 package as hes never heard of that bundled together?

This I don't know... we have our PS210 mated to Infinity RS 5Bs (10" woofer) mains and 7Bs (8" woofer) for surrounds and a big Beta 360 (two 6.5" woofers) which easily allows a 60Hz cross-over point and so it blends easily and matches rather well timbre-wise. Seems those speakers you're looking at have only 3" woofers and will probably need to be crossed up around 150Hz... the PS210 is suppose to be able to cross-over that high so I guess it will work.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdane /forum/post/16946653

Amazon has it for $186
http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Power...9479528&sr=8-1

Now that's what I'm talking 'bout...

At that price its a really great deal but for $300 it really just becomes one of several choices you could throw your money at.... and once you figure in the financing costs you'll be paying over the life of the loan you'll wind up paying them closer to full list ($400) in the end and for that much money you really could do better. Its always better to save up and purchase with cash... you'll end up with a lot more for a lot le$$ if you can manage the financial discipline it will take. Its hard I know.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts