AVS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
GLBright,

Is that your center channel speaker sitting on the floor? Have you tried placing it on top of the furniture, and then placing your TV on top of it?

Sorry for a little OT. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
GLBright,

Is that your center channel speaker sitting on the floor? Have you tried placing it on top of the furniture, and then placing your TV on top of it?
That's an old Infinity CC-3 center that I used with my Overture 3s when they were my HT speakers. It's actually for sale. Nothing could sit on it anyway since the cabinet is curved metal. I run stereo only here in the back room.

·
Registered
998 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Got my RC263 yesterday and fired it up... if I didn't also have the Emotiva C2, this would be my new center channel no questions asked. Very even sound, blending perfectly with my Revel M16s (makes sense since the Reference uses Concerta 2 design tech) and incredibly clear with some extra pep at higher volumes. It's also IMO a very attractive almost charcoal grey that is a bit more interesting than the usual black wrap and not nearly as grey as the website makes it look.

Tested with my usual go-tos of Steppenwolf's voice in Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok, Heat (that outdoor gunfight...) and others I feel like it actually provides just a touch more clarity than the C2 at times, perhaps a product of the perfect blend with the Revels. The C2 digs a bit deeper in my room and as I sit only 6.5 - 7 ft. from the center I feel like the C2's wider spread on the drivers gives it a slightly more expansive feel than the 263. Not a knock on the Infinity by any means but just how it goes in my room.

At $500 it's still a good choice though the competition is a lot stiffer, but at the sale price of $199 I haven't seen a better value. I can easily see how some might even prefer this over something like the C2 but in my application the Emotiva is just a smidge better.

·
Registered
284 Posts
If anybody is needing a pair of R162’s I have an extra set unused new in box ready to go. I’m gonna go with the R253’s when they come back on sale again. Missed the return / exchange period with Harman.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If anybody is needing a pair of R162’s I have an extra set unused new in box ready to go. I’m gonna go with the R253’s when they come back on sale again. Missed the return / exchange period with Harman.
I may be interested. Looking at potentially getting a 2nd pair of 162's to expand system from 5.1.4 to 7.1.4. Has anybody used the RS152s in a dolby setup? Curious on peoples thoughts compared to 162.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The R253's are on sale again on the Harmin site, along with the bookshelves, centers and subs. The Infinity site shows only the centers, subs and bookshelves, no towers on sale

https://www.infinityspeakers.com/home-speakers/

https://www.harmanaudio.com/infinity/

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts

Sent you a PM, I am interested in solely the bookshelf version.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any reason to not get a set of R162's, the RC263, and the R12 sub for a 3.1 system? Ive loved all the H/K systems in my cars but I'm only just now branching out to home theater products.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Any reason to not get a set of R162's, the RC263, and the R12 sub for a 3.1 system? Ive loved all the H/K systems in my cars but I'm only just now branching out to home theater products.
Nope, and they're currently at great prices. The sub doesn't dig terribly deep but at that price it's tough to argue with. They also have 30-day no-risk with shipping covered both ways if you don't like it... pull the trigger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope, and they're currently at great prices. The sub doesn't dig terribly deep but at that price it's tough to argue with. They also have 30-day no-risk with shipping covered both ways if you don't like it... pull the trigger.
Consider it pulled, especially with 6 months no interest. Now I just got to get a receiver. This home theater stuff is a slippery slope. First I buy a projector, then I'm like, I need sound, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out accessories4less for receiver.

You can get some pretty good stuff for about half to 70% of retail.

I've seen accessories4less recommend quite often and prices always look good. But I'm torn between just getting a Denon that works or springing for a Marantz like the NR1508.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts

I would pass on the R12 sub and get something better, unless your budget doesn't allow for it. If you need a nice mid-level receiver, neweggflash has the Onkyo TX-NR686 for $299 w/$30 gift card thrown in.

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA3JX75B7718

·
Registered
244 Posts
So I am really wondering *IF* this Infinity Reference set is "better" than RBH's Impression series that I have in red burl...Most notably the r55ti towers and the r56ci center?

Does anyone have any direct/indirect experience or any opinion(s) ?
I'd appreciate it. I am thinking of getting the Infinity towers, 162 BS, RS152 surrounds and the center. I guess the R12 Sub isn't all that?

Thank you for any feedback!

·
Registered
209 Posts
So I am really wondering *IF* this Infinity Reference set is "better" than RBH's Impression series that I have in red burl...Most notably the r55ti towers and the r56ci center?

Does anyone have any direct/indirect experience or any opinion(s) ?
I'd appreciate it. I am thinking of getting the Infinity towers, 162 BS, RS152 surrounds and the center. I guess the R12 Sub isn't all that?

Thank you for any feedback!
I can't speak on the towers or that center, but I used to have the R5Bi bookshelf speakers. I would give the edge to the Infinity bookshelfs. It definitely won't be a massive jump. You may even be losing bass output and volume on the towers since the Infinity are smaller. The Infinity tweeter is definitely an improvement though.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Finally got my R162-based system properly located and sounding sweet. It's on a short wall of a 10'6"x12' room. Although I still prefer my Infinity towers for large-scale symphonic and big band music, these R162s provide a level of resolution, openness, and sound stage that I've never experienced before at home. I honestly wonder how much better a pair of, say, Revel Concerta2 M16s would really be. This is now day three of rain so they've been getting a workout.

Attachments

Reactions: zieglj01
341 - 360 of 754 Posts