AVS Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1285 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just spoke to them as well and was told that it will be in stock in the first week of February.

At this point, I have no faith in their ability to hit that date. I have to decide whether I want to cancel the order and if so whether I want to return my fronts as well.....
If I don't have a update by Monday on either mine shipping or someone on here getting a shipping notice, I'm canceling and sending my fronts back. I understand there are slow downs and unavoidable things that can happen, but I'm just tired of waiting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I'm not upset or anything. In my professional life, we've been dealing with massive delays all over the place. But, that also contributes to my lack of faith in their ability to hit the February date.

I'm considering switching to an RC 252. The smaller physical size will be helpful in my setup, so I can have my TV a few inches lower. But, the $10 price difference (at the time when i ordered the 253) made it an easy choice to go that route at the time. I can't wait forever though, and at least I do get some benefit from the smaller speaker.

I don't think I'm going to consider using a mismatched center channel. I don't know enough to have an opinion on timbre matching. But, I'll err on the side of caution there, I think. I ordered 163 bookshelves at the same time as the center, and I like them. But, they're not so spectacular that I'd hesitate to give them up. I'm currently auditioning three other low-cost bookshelves and am happy with at least two of those. I have a matching center for one of those, and the other is readily available. I was hoping to get the 253 in place before I have to start returning the things that I'm auditioning. But, that now seems to be impossible. So, Infinity may be out by default.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For those of you that had your card charged, have you received a shipping notice yet? I haven't and when I go to my account to view my orders I don't see any new order for the center channel.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
For those of you that had your card charged, have you received a shipping notice yet? I haven't and when I go to my account to view my orders I don't see any new order for the center channel.
My charge is still just pending. But typically when an order switches to pending on my card it ships out shortly after.

Reactions: jhwhite

·
Registered
46 Posts
My charge is still just pending. But typically when an order switches to pending on my card it ships out shortly after.
Don't get your hopes up. My Nov 25 RC263 order had a pending charge on Dec 25 that disappeared a couple days later, and the speaker never shipped. As others have reiterated, while this is annoying, there is a pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people (!) and the price we were sold the speaker was absurdly low. I probably would have bought it even if I had known it would be a six month wait...

·
Registered
79 Posts
My card shows the charge around 3am EST on 1/1. I have not received a shipping notice, and I was told by customer service today that the speaker will not be available until "the first week of February". So, I am pretty confident that it hasn't shipped. I will note that the shipping notices for my L/R and Sub showed up the day of and day before receipt of the items. So, who the hell knows?

My guess is that the charges were done either just before or just after the start of the year for some accounting or tax purpose on Harman's end.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My RS152 surrounds came a week ago. In a 5.1 surround setup, in a 9.5x9.5x8 room, but with a back wall that allows the back/side speakers to extent up to about 12-14 feet wide if necessary, should I keep the RS152 surrounds, or replace them with R152 bookshelves?

Seating is right up against the back wall, so the rear speakers can extend 12-14 feet wide if necessary, but they cannot go any further behind the listener, just horizontal.

In other words, seating is back against the wall 9 feet from the TV, the center channel is right under the TV, the L and R R263 towers are 6 to 9 feet wide to the sides of the TV, and the "rear" speakers are up to 12-14 feet wide, but at most only a few inches "behind" the viewer/listener. For this setup, which is better, RS152 surround or R152 bookshelf?

·
Registered
79 Posts
My RS152 surrounds came a week ago. In a 5.1 surround setup, in a 9.5x9.5x8 room, but with a back wall that allows the back/side speakers to extent up to about 12-14 feet wide if necessary, should I keep the RS152 surrounds, or replace them with R152 bookshelves?

Seating is right up against the back wall, so the rear speakers can extend 12-14 feet wide if necessary, but they cannot go any further behind the listener, just horizontal.

In other words, seating is back against the wall 9 feet from the TV, the center channel is right under the TV, the L and R R263 towers are 6 to 9 feet wide to the sides of the TV, and the "rear" speakers are up to 12-14 feet wide, but at most only a few inches "behind" the viewer/listener. For this setup, which is better, RS152 surround or R152 bookshelf?
I don't understand how you can have speakers 12-14 apart in a 9.5' wide room.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't understand how you can have speakers 12-14 apart in a 9.5' wide room.
The first specs I listed the describe the room on 3 sides and floor to ceiling, but on the 4th side, the back wall opens up to another space while the front wall cuts off at the distance I gave in the specs for the 3 sides and floor and ceiling.

So with that ability, do you know if the RS152s or R152s would work better?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I received the RS 152 speakers today, but after using my old Polk Monitor 70 towers as surrounds the small speakers just aren't going to cut it. I'm going to send them back. The Reference 263 towers I like and I'm pretty sure the center will be just as nice. I was thinking about getting another pair of 263's for rears but he polks are just fine, and they are front ported so I can put them close to the side walls at an angle behind the seating.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Like many of you, I ordered the RC263 on November 25th. I also ordered a pair of R263 which arrived in early December. The status of the RC263 has never changed as it still indicates: “Backorder, expected in stock by Wed Dec 23 2020”.

i have been monitoring the expected ship date of the RC263 as if I were purchasing again. That date changed from January 7th to January 14th and today it is January 16th. Not sure what that really means but if mine does not ship by the end of next week, I am going to start looking at other center channel options.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got an email tonight....my RC263 has shipped! I ordered mine on Nov 25. Looking forward to trying it out with the R263s. Hopefully the box arrives in better shape than the towers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got an email tonight....my RC263 has shipped! I ordered mine on Nov 25. Looking forward to trying it out with the R263s. Hopefully the box arrives in better shape than the towers.
25th date here as well. No email yet. My towers came I damaged. I’m hopeful tomorrow is the day

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good to hear. I cancelled my order , did not want to keep waiting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm excited to get my rc263. I purchased on 11/26, it was pending on my credit card for the last week and now it has disappeared. I guess I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My RC263 has not come either. Purchased on cyber monday I think.

Speaking of the RC263, does anyone know if they sell shelves, or a single wall mountable level of a shelf, where it slides out horizontally? The absolute center of my setup where I want the RC263 to go, a sliding door starts say 1-2 feet before that. I want to put the RC263 on a shelf to the right, on the wall next to the sliding door, then when I want to watch a movie, just slide the shelf horizontally 1-2 feet into the center of the room, in front of the door, then when done with the movie, slide it back from in front of the door back onto the wall on the side.

Something like:

__ __ _ _< _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ >
__ __ _ _< _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ >

Does anyone sell something like this? Edit: Except the part on the left should be solid lines and twice as long as the part on the right. The forum's coding is automatically making them shorter for whatever reason.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Does anyone know which is considered higher tier in the Infinity lines, and most importantly which performs slightly better for sound in general especially home theater, the Infinity Reference series of R263 towers, RC263 center, etc, or the Infinity RS CC3 Center channel, the Infinity RS5 towers, and the RS1 bookshelf, etc?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got a pending charge from Harmon for my R263 towers. Not sure if that means anything though as I did a chat with them yesterday asking for an update and they said they had no ETA even though they show in stock on their website.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
My RC263 shipped as well. Ordered 11/26

1221 - 1240 of 1285 Posts