AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon /forum/post/18250276

What is going on over at Activision these days?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...=Google+Reader

Old news.
All went down on Monday and Tuesday.

Can't say I care all that much, though, since I'm sure the two (former) studio heads will be able to start up a new studio under a new publisher, and I've gotten bored with the whole MW thing. Probably a good thing for everyone, actually.

But it is nuts how it all went down. Like a political coup.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon /forum/post/18250276

What is going on over at Activision these days?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...=Google+Reader

I say who cares. First Person Shooters are a dime a dozen..hell, a nickel a dozen. Infinity Ward keeps rehashing the same crap FPS shooters. Activision keeps rehashing those incredibly lame Guitar Hero rythym games. Let them part ways and make some new games.

Can you tell I dont care for either style of game?

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Sorry, was trying to sound smarmy with the "old news" bit. Came off as more *******-ish than I intended.

I may be bored of the MW series, but those folks do very good work and are ridiculously successful at it. It sounds like the IW heads didn't want to do another one (good for them!) and wanted to push in another direction, but Activision obviously didn't like the idea. So maybe they started sending out feelers to other publishers to gauge interest--probably not smart to do while Activision is still paying the bills. Regardless, I can only imagine that after that much success with MW they'll easily find a home at another publisher and be able to set up a new studio (probably with quite a few defectors from IW in tow). Who knows? They may have already got the ball rolling at EA. They may be bad with authority figures, but they make incredibly profitable games.

It's dramatic, but I really think it'll only lead to good things for us on the consumer end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts