AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should I expect them to last?

Im thinking about getting them for my small dorm room. Are they overkill I currently have some Logitech Z-5500 as my speakers.

Are there other options out there. Most of my music will be 80 % music 15% Movies 5% Video Games. I will want to be using them as the 2 main front speakers. My cost also can't be above $250

Thanks

·
Registered
16,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by book /forum/post/14330218

How long should I expect them to last?

Im thinking about getting them for my small dorm room. Are they overkill I currently have some Logitech Z-5500 as my speakers.

Are there other options out there. Most of my music will be 80 % music 15% Movies 5% Video Games. I will want to be using them as the 2 main front speakers. My cost also can't be above $250.

In a dorm room, maybe a week.

Years, if you take care of them. The price they can be had for right now is good as they are being discontinued by the manufacturer. It is ~1/2 of what they originally sold for. Where are you looking to purchase them? I like the Beta series, myself. One thing to consider is that should you want to upgrade to a surround sound system in the future, the Beta series will probably no longer be available. If you moved them to surround duty, this is not really a huge deal, as timbre matching the surrounds, although ideal, in most cases is usually not a major concern.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe in the future if they still last more than 5 years. I will use them as surrounds. Any cheap receiver should be able to work with them too right?

·
Registered
16,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by book /forum/post/14330348

Any cheap receiver should be able to work with them too right?

Sure, why not?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I saw the beta 10's on clearance for about $60 a piece, dunno if it was open stock though. They sounded pretty bright such a small bookshelf, but the sound was good.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotc /forum/post/14330429

I saw the beta 10's on clearance for about $60 a piece, dunno if it was open stock though. They sounded pretty bright such a small bookshelf, but the sound was good.

Where?????

·
Registered
16,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotc /forum/post/14330429

They sounded pretty bright..............

Yeah, this is probably a fair characterization.

·
Registered
16,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by book /forum/post/14330548

Where?????

Where were you planning to purchase them? How much?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I highly recommend checking ebay for the Beta speakers. I have purchased a number of the refurb Harmon Audio items and been pleased with each purchase. You get full warranty and they still throw up a Beta 10 or 20 every other day or so. Just look for Harman Audio store and go from there.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by book /forum/post/14330548

Where?????

Im sorry I rushed my post, at two of my local Frys electronics they had them on clearance. Hopefully you have Frys around your area. They also had the JBL 6in venue bookshelfs for $112 a pair on clearance as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts