AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the mistake of buying a Knoll HT-211 DLP Projecter and have come to the point where I need a new lamp for it. I contacted knoll who's offers a replacement lamp for only $800.00 US dollars After I picked myself up off the floor. I contacted the distributor whom I purchased the unit from and they told me not to worry because their price is only $400.00 OUCH !! This seems like a very high price, especialy since the rated life of these lamps are only 1000 hours. I did a search here and read where Knoll only puts their name on the projection units they sell, and they are actually made by another major manufacuter who normaly sells the units for much less.

"Color me STUPID" for buying it under the Knoll name. I am hoping someone can look at this projector and tell me what other name it can be found as so I can see if their lamp prices are more down to earth. Here is a link showing the Knoll unit and specs. Does anyone know if the word "Knoll" stands for Sucker in another language ???

http://www.knollsystems.com/spech211.htm

I and my wallet greatly appreciate any help that can be given.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree, knoll's prices are a joke. I tried buying a knoll projector from a local dealer, and they were asking almost double what it costs everywhere else under the real manufacturer's name. If you can find out what the actual manufacturer model for that projector is, you'll probably find a decent deal on the bulb. $400 sounds about right though for a bulb. $800 is ok if you get a free T.V. with it!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hey! I like this Plus projector!

It has a switch to deliver either 1000 or 2200 ansi lumen, but in black and white only with the later mode. The color wheel stops in its white portion.

I'm imaginating some Buster Keaton's, Harold LLoyd's or Charplin's movies in this mode, a sepia filter being placed in front of the lens. And that in a true cinéma on a 5-6 meters wide screen :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only wish I had enough experience with other projection units to tell you how it compairs to others. I installed it in a custom enclosure that allowed good venting but tried and reduce the noise. During a film, you don't seem to notice it at all, but there is no doubt it is on if there is silence in the background.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.