AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fortunate to get hold of a Boxlight 38T to play with for a while. I know at one time I saw a forum that dealt mainly with that projector but know I cant find it. Tha manual is certainly light on detailed info. I really need some input on settings.

Here is my system right now.

Boxlight 38T

DTC 100 HD Receiver

Yamaha AV Receiver

HTPC almost done with Radeon 64meg DDR

Homemade screen 54x96

Using a homemade DB15 cable using the shielded cat 5 cable from elsewhere in the forums.

When I first turn it on from the DTC100 on HDNet. the screen is very dark and an interference line about 1' in from left side. Using 1080i or 1035i makes no difference. However when I bring up a menu, it is clear and bright. I have tried to change things in mode 1, and by adjusting the clamp adjustment I can get a clear picture. But it seems to me the sizing is off. For instance, with this setup if I zoom to fill the screen with the viewable image, when I use the menu, the menu is off the top of the screen.

I am sure I just need to get the right adjustments, but looking for info on the best way. So ----- Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GeorgeM

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I believe Dan Houck has one. You may want to PM him.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I do, but I can't help with this DTC 100 problem. I use digital cable. I have a QSE, not an HTPC. I'm unclear as to whether his problem is with the HTPC or the DC 100 box.

My setup is very straightforward. Panasonic RV80 interlaced player into the QSE via component cables. Digital cable box into the QSE via SVHS. Both on the "A" terminals. VGA cable from QSE to Boxlight 38T.

My settings, tweaked with VE, are also very simple. I left the QSE alone and did the settings on the computer 1 memory of the projector. Basically all I did was play with the brightness, contrast and reduced green level about 4 tics to get rid of the "green fog". That's pretty much it.

I seem to recall some posts over on the Satellite forum about using the DC 100 with digital projectors. I also think Joe House, another 38T owner, has a DTC 100.

Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now it is only working from the DTC 100. The HTPC is not set up yet. What I was looking for is more detailed info on what the adjustments do. For instance what does the clamp do --- it seems that is the setting that at least gets me back to being able to view a decent picture. But it takes going from 0 to 508.

Mostly I was hoping there was a forum or group set up somewhere composed of people who own this projector and have fine tuned it.

Thanks

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.