AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would let anyone who wanted to know what happened with my 2nd drive upgrade. About 10PM I had decided to just wait for another day to get the unit working, but my wife asked me, "Is the replay working, yet?"

So, I decided lets just give it another try. I unplugged the unit, removed the drives, installed them into my computer at which time the drives were not recognized. Rebooting for 1/2 hr with switching which controller to use, I get everything working. I run RVTPatch and it sees 2 drives (1 of 2 and 2 of 2. I think.) Okay, so what is the problem. I try to restore the back up from the computer's boot drive back to replay HD1. Does it work? I have no idea, mostly because I am not sure of the command line and also because there is no happy message "Your backup has been restored!" (And people love Linux?!?)

Anyway, I ran RTVPatch again. Now drive 1 does not show 1 of 2 and drive shows just 2 (not sure just going from memory here and I have earlier CRS ;) ) I figure, can't break something that's broke, so I run the same patch procedure. I unhook the drives, connect them in the replay, connect the power, and ....

IT WORKS!!!!!!! :)

Now, I wonder why (especially since I've working on computers for ten years now.) It could be;

1 - I did not secure anything, including the drives or the cover. I mean the computer always knows that the cover has been screwed on, and that a cable or wire is not connected or something.

2 - The electrostatic ions present at the time I did my hook up were just right to allow for everything to work.

3 - Gremlins or other invisible creatures decided to give me a break for once.

Anyway, I really don't care because I now have my extra 30 hrs of recording time for a cost of $113, which is still pricey but okay.

Thanks everyone for your help and I hope I helped someone to chuckle.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by deramon
2 - The electrostatic ions present at the time I did my hook up were just right to allow for everything to work.
Glad to hear it lives! My vote is item 2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.