AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to contact Christie on a couple of occasions lately. Mail bounced back "undelivered to an unknown address."

Does anyone have any info on who to contact for information, pricing, availability of their LCOS Vivid line (Red, Blue, White)?

Thank you,

Luca

·
Registered
370 Posts
Luca,

You may want to talk to John Hallman at Christie Digital, the number is 1-800-265-2171

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
262 Posts
I received a quick reply from an application support technologist at Christie to my e-mail inquiry about the Vivid Red. He also gave me contact info for the Southeastern sales rep, Frank Weathers (800-550-1546), which I pass along to Luca since you are from my neck of the woods.

For anyone interested, I received the following answers to my questions about the Vivid Red:

Q - Was the Vivid Red designed with Home Theater in mind or is it primarily a commercial presentation projector?

A - The VIVID Red is designed for all forms of Multimedia. This includes everything from PC signals to DVD players and VCRs. The SXGA+ (1365 x 1024) resolution produces an excellent video display that would be ideal for home theater use.

Q - Does the DVI input on the Vivid Red include HDCP encryption?

A - The DVI-D input is a standard Panel Link receiver and doesn't include any HDCP encryption. As of now, this is not an issue. I'm unaware of any sources that use HDCP encryption on a DVI source.

Q - When will it be available?

A - The VIVID Red will be available at the end of this November (2001).

Hope this info is helpful.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
About time to hear about this..but those were some poor answers.

They should tell us it's home theatre, even if it isn't, to get us excited :)

The DVI thing is also not good news. Are we all gonna get screwed, or is HDCP not happening?

·
Registered
370 Posts
No Luca I do not own a Vivid Red Projector, but I was looking to become a reseller in my region... they told me that Runco will probably become the only distributor for the Canada :( (not sure about the USA).

I am talking with Hitachi to get their lines of projector... specially the new CP-SX5500W (LCOS aka DILA)... I may also be able to get one for testing soon. I will post my comments if such thing append.

Ricky D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Luca,

I took a closer look at the Christie site, and although the Atlanta show is listed under the "See it" link to the Vivid Red, the products listed for the show do not include the Vivid Red. :confused: Let me know if you get any more info on the projector or where it might be seen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.