AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have building my htpc and have run into a snag. My ati drivers I got from a guy I know for my radeon 9000 are bogus or something and it screwed up my system. I'm just going to delete everything and start over. I've been thinking about doing it anyway. My question is how do i format my hard drive and reinstall my WIN 2000 os. It's been a while and I can't quite remember how to do it correctly. I have all necessary disks for the job.

any info would be great, thanks

brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Boot using your Win 2000 CD. You may need to change your drive boot order in your BIOS. Windows setup will give you the option to format any partitions at that time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can boot off the CD. It will find your current install and you will have to hit Esc to do a fresh install (from memory - just read all of the text as you go along). When you get to the part where you tell it where to install it will find your old C: drive. Just delete that partition and you will have raw space. Select that raw space for the installation and it will create a new drive letter (C: again), and format it with the filesystem you choose.

GL,

Shawn

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies. So i don't have to format the hard drive and then reinstall again. All I have to do is reinstall the OS and just reform the partition as I go? Did I interpret that right?

brian

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK thanks for the clarification.

brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.