AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have experience with the Hughes E8674 HDTV satellite receiver? Is it good? Also, the specs say it comes with an IR/RF remote, but I am a little confused about it. The way I interpret some of the info I've read would indicate that the satellite functions are controlled by the RF portion while other components (TV, VCR) are controlled by the IR portion. Any clarification on that one point would be appreciated. I want to be able to "learn" the remote function into my primary remote, but need the remote from whatever receiver I buy to be Infrared or I won't be able to "learn" it. And who wants yet ANOTHER remote to deal with!?!? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think that the Hughes HD receiver is the same as the Mitsubishi SR-HD400 and the Toshiba (don't know the model number), as they're all made by Hughes.

The HD400 comes with both IR and RF remotes. They appear identical and they both can perform all remote functions. The only difference is that the RF remote has hard plastic buttons, while the IR remote has softer, rubbery buttons. I believe that the RF is included so that if you're distributing the output from the HD400 to another room, you would just use this remote. Or maybe your equipment is inside a cabinet and the IR wouldn't work.

In any case, you don't need to use both. Either one will work exactly the same.

------------------

Tom

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc> w/2.0.1

Sony SAN-24MD 24" elliptical dish

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Hughes E86 STB. It came with one Hughes Model HRMC-6 RF remote control. I am very pleased with the receiver, however I am looking for "one" remote to control everything, and would prefer if it would toggle between 480i and 1080i with a macro key. Does anyone know if the Home Theater Master MX-500 would do this?

------------------

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.