AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price for RDV1.1 DVD Player and RDC-1.1 Preamp is $5000 each!

A few things that werent previously confirmed about RDC-1.1:

DPLIIX

Apogee Clock

AES/EBU input as Standard

Dolby Headphone

Weighs 20Kg (Heavy for a Preamp)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Agreed: nice find. I doubt that the RDC-7.1 will actaully look like the picture provided, since the new Integra and Onkyo receivers have a different button layout. Note that the web page says that the final look may change.

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im interested in the RDC-7.1 but was wondering, do you think the $4000 RRP for the USA annonunced at CES will hold?

The RDC-7 did not have Dolby headpone or PL2X which are marked on the chassis pictured. I think that is most likely the final chassis as they should have a final chassis by now and why bother mocking one up when the release is only a month away.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Quote:
DPLIIX

Apogee Clock

AES/EBU input as Standard

Dolby Headphone
Those were all listed in the January press release. Scroll to the bottom of the link below. About the $4K price anounced back then, that was for a bare-bones one without all the card slots filled. It will no doubt be much more if you load it up with all the cards. It looks like the base model includes digital audio, analog audio and i.Link. It doesn't include video, HDMI, Net Tune, or the AM/FM tuner.

http://www.gspr.com/iresearch/rdc71.html

Edit: the back panel card layout should be similar to the Onkyo receiver. This is a huge pic so I'll just post a link.

http://www.gspr.com/onkyo/images/txn...ardout_300.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AES/EBU is listed as optional in the GSPR site information whilst it is listed as included in the Japanese site.

I'd prefer an even more basic barebones unit without analogue inputs. AC3-RF and DAB options would be nice too.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Yes, I was just thinking that with an i.Link input, there wouldn't be much of a need for any analog inputs. (Except those that still have turntables maybe... A few two channel inputs couldn't hurt. VCR's and such.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.