AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a release date for the new Samsung receivers, suggesting when I could actually buy one? I'm thinking of the SIR-T151 with the MSRP of $399. Trying to figure out what that will translate to in reality - hopefully around $300 from an online retailer.

I am considering the one with the DVI and Firewire output in case I ever get an HD VCR but it's double the price and I'm skeptical that they'll ever allow HD recording in the future. What do you all think the $699 MSRP will translate into in real dollars?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Currently, the SIR-T150 is listed at $699MSRP, and should sell for about $600. It seems Samsung has been running a special on them lately. According to Samsung, the SIR-T150 and T165 should be out in June. (Twice has a press release) If you don't plan to use the 165 with a D-VHS recorder like the JVC or Mits, you may want to consider the 150 with current rebates and Open Boxes at best buy, you may get a deal worth taking.

-------------Dave

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, I'm skeptical D-VHS will work out.

I want to wait for the T151 though. They said they're using new chips and should have even better digital reception. The T150 supposedly already has better reception than any other box. Maybe the T151 will finally be my answer!

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard a specific release date, or an indication of when we can finally buy them in stores. For instance, is anyone preselling them?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I called Samsung last week. They had the 151 and 165 listed in their database, but not much else was known about it. They didn't even have the 160 listed (the DirecTV version....although the lady I spoke with said the 165 had DirecTV capability...maybe a database error).

I was told (via E-mail) about a month ago that they should announce dates in a couple of weeks. Well, that was a few weeks ago and still no notice anywhere that I know of.

I doubt if they make it out before August (just in time for football I hope).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.