AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted by Scott G, in another topic.

I have this set (Sony 34XBR2) and also have the new Cablevision Sony digital STB with firewire output. I hooked up the firewire output from the STB to the TV. The TV accepted the box as a firewire device. However, right now Cablevision is not transmitting any HDTV signals through firewire. You can watch all the other channels through the firewire, however.

If they ever start passing HDTV signals through the firewire as promised I will tell everyone how it works.

Scott

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Ken,

Oh, I know how it works, I know. I saw the gross digitization, pixelization, artifacts and general MPEG 1/2 quality. Calling this entire package a "disgrace" is not an overstatement. Even the salesperson was embarrassed. Couple that with the fact that this box will NOT connect with any existing HDTV (aside from the HD2) and you've got the recipe for a videophile's nightmare. Supposedly Cablevision is working on a "solution" for connectivity, with a new box scheduled with component outputs. However, after seeing the horrific picture, I have no interest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.