AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to pass on the X25 model because its replacement with improvements found on the 7UY model is supposed to be forthcoming shortly. But I am anxious to get more information, especially as to availability. If anyone has anything to contribute please do so. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
dsmith901: There have been only rumors about the coming of the newest consumer model. The current display was released this past summer by the way. It has been on the market for less than 5 months.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I believe that last year Panny released 6UY based Viera models about a month after releasing the 6UY. Maybe they'll do the same thing this year, except it's possible that Viera is being delayed a little so that Panny could work on the Onyx models first.

It should look pretty much like the Japanse PX300, which has been out for 4 months in Japan.

Maybe Panasonic will shock the plasma world by pricing the 7UY-based 50" Viera at $6000. But that's just wishful thinking...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'll be buying it if they put the freakin' speakers on the bottom! Man I hate the look with 'em mounted on the side. That's really the only thing keepin' me from gettin' the 25U.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jrock65

It should look pretty much like the Japanse PX300, which has been out for 4 months in Japan.
That is why I anticipated the US version coming out by Christmas, and especially since the X25 models have been dropping in price. Does anyone know if the X25 model is still in production?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"Maybe Panasonic will shock the plasma world by pricing the 7UY-based 50" Viera at $6000. But that's just wishful thinking..."

I dunno. Maybe that will happen. Sony is at $7000 right now with the XS955. Panasonic could use price as a hammer, especially since they make their own panels and have increased capacity to do so a great deal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here's a short blurb from Panasonic on the PX300, "The new VIERA TH-PX300 plasmas are available in three screen sizes (50-inch diagonal screen measurement, 42-inch and 37-inch), all featuring the new PEAKS (Picture Enhancement Accelerator with Kinetic System) processor that enables rendering of 3.62 billion colors. This technology is unrivaled in the world providing 2,048 steps of gradation to deliver greater image depth. The current high-end VIERA models offer 1.07 billion colors and 1,536 steps of gradation. Panasonic's proprietary PEAKS technology has elevated the flat-panel picture quality to new standards. "

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by iBleedGarnet
I'll be buying it if they put the freakin' speakers on the bottom! Man I hate the look with 'em mounted on the side. That's really the only thing keepin' me from gettin' the 25U.
Its not that I hate the side speakers - but they exceed my width limit of 44". The JVC style is perfect for me with the speakers underneath. And the Hitachi has removable speakers so it is an option. I prefer the consumer models over the commercial as obviously the 7uy would meet my width limitations.

Does it strike anyone else as strange that many of the 16x9 widescreen TVs have speakers on the sides instead of underneath. I am sure this creates many space issues when upgrading from a 4:3 screen.

JCPZero

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mangopony
dsmith901: There have been only rumors about the coming of the newest consumer model. The current display was released this past summer by the way. It has been on the market for less than 5 months.
But the PX/PD25s were only a mid-year update to the 20 series which added an ATSC tuner and cablecard slot. So they were not a full update to the model. However, I wonder if Panasonic is delaying the launch of the PXS30s to focus on rolling out the high-end Onyx line first. On the other hand, the PD25 and PX25s look to be in short supply at BB & CC (if you check which stores in your region have them in stock at their websites) and many on-line dealers. So the 30 series could be on the way.

One clue may be the manufacture dates for the recently purchased PD25 and PX25s. If people who have brought one in the past month or so could post here the manufacture dates from the back, it might give us a hint. if the latest date is July or so, then Panasonic may have switch production over to the PXS30 models. I have decided to wait until the next gen Panny and maybe Pioneers come out before buying one, but I am missing the opportunity to see the ultimate Red Sox / Yankees game on a big glorious plasma display. :(

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am too tired to remember if the PX300 has 7 glass or not, anyone remember?

Note that there is a 37†HD PX, but there is no 37PHD7 (only a 37PWD7).

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HDidiot
I am too tired to remember if the PX300 has 7 glass or not, anyone remember?

Note that there is a 37†HD PX, but there is no 37PHD7 (only a 37PWD7).

The "PX300" Series are the 7th Generation HD Consumer Models - Japan. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thank you Bruzzi!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anyone know if these Japanese models accept 720p? Does the Japanese market even use 720p - if not, never mind of course.

That seems to be the glaring omission on the US Panasonic consumer models IMO.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"That seems to be the glaring omission on the US Panasonic consumer models IMO."

Except that 95-99% of people would never know or care.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From the PX300 gallery it looks as though the 42" ED model has been dropped as there is only one 42" model and I assume the "PX" means it is HD,not ED? Anyone know if that is true? Is there a PD300 model?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.