AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from Zenith today in response to a question about their STB. Here is what they had to say:

Zenith plans to introduce as new HDTV Set-top box " DTV1080" by June 2001. This box have 3 tuners for NTSC, ATSC and Directv reception. The box uses latest state of the art tuner design and manufacturing methods. This box unlike your current one have Component " Y, Pb, Pr " video signal outputs, plus other standard ones like Composite video, Y/C and RGB. Unit have a switchable output formatter and e.g. 480i /p, 720p and 1080i outputs can be selected. The program guide " APG " is well integrated and should work seemlessly with NTSC/ATSC and Directv. Shipment end June, 2001. We are considering some combination set-top box products for next year including a "PVR / Satellite " combination set-top box.

Cheers

Jim

------------------

Jim Sanchez - [email protected]

·
Registered
33,452 Posts
I'm impressed with how personalized this Email is. Contrary to so many canned responses, this one was actually responding to YOU. I've heard the same thing about the June release. This will be only the 2nd box with both VGA & component video out. The Sony is the other, but doesn't work well on my Zenith through its VGA output.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bob, Bob, Bob.. what are we going to do with you bob? I mean you know everybody hates you here, you know we all basically look at your opinion and decide on the opposite course of action, and yet you continue to go on under the foolish impression that we tolerate you. Nobody can stand you bob, you're an idiot. What's really sad is that for somebody who's so hated, you have absolutely no shame http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif If it were me that was ridiculed every day, I'd be embarassed and trying to hide, but not you Bob http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Not you. You're the forum idiot who keeps playing the forum idiot role http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Ah well, as long as you continue to be here, we can continue to make fun of you. Seems like a fare trade off to me. What amuses me about you Bob, is that unlike the other COFDM idiots before you, you actually respond to the constant ridicule we put you through http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Which makes it all the more enjoyable.

[This message has been edited by dpak2000 (edited 03-29-2001).]

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Bob Utne,

I think Bob Ross is just as happy with his Zenith "64" as I am with mine. It's picture remains the best RP HDTV I've ever seen and it has a hot ATSC tuner built-in.

You need to wake up and smell the COFDM corpse.

------------------

HiDefDave

STOP HDCP!

·
Registered
33,452 Posts
Dave, I've got to agree with dpak on his "BOB assessment". I doubt this moron has ever even seen the 64" Zenith. He wouldn't recognize quality HD if he tripped over it. BOB has to have an IQ of at least 50 to fully comprehend what a fool he makes of himself, but he apparently does not meet this criteria. The funniest part of BOB's post is his mention of a "con job". Nobody is more proficent at the "con job" than BOB. Every COFDM post he makes is nothing more than a con job.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Ken, I saw the first Zenith 64" HDTV ever made and numerous others. It's ugly and includes an apparently defective digital receiver/decoder that apparently has been upgraded every few months.

If anyone is considering a Zenith projo, buy the new 62" model that has the STB outside the box. Hell of a lot easier when you bring it back to the store for repair or return...

·
Registered
33,452 Posts
BOBBY POO, I NEVER had a problem with the decoder/tuner in the Zenith. It continues to be the best of any OTA tuner I've tried (including Panny/Sony/Mits/Tosh). Isn't that interesting BOBBY? It's sharper than any of the new generation STBs. Sorry BOBBY, you're wrong again. Why should this time be different than any other?

May I suggest therapy for this Zenith obsession? You may feel better.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've been watching this new Zenith STB (part of a test I'm involved in) exclusively for the last week since my Hipix continues to have spotty reception performance, and all I can say is its AWESOME!!

I'm in a very poor reception area in a valley, and tonight we are seeing SERIOUS windy conditions, and I haven't experienced a single dropout or even a pixelization of some type. My Hipix card can only receive one station with any regularity from Sutro (I have to receive others from Sacramento). The Zenith tuner gets every station from Sutro...with a solid lock!

Excellent product, and this is just a throw-together unit for this test. I think I may need to pick one of these up when they get officially released.

Chris

·
Registered
33,452 Posts
Chris,

Now now, don't say all those nice things about the Zenith, it's going to really upset Uncle BOBBY. I'm sure he'll tell you the box will explode in a few weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.